Single Parents
Options

new,single,pg with first

Hey ladies! I am a little over 4 mos pregnant,and single. I found out my ex finace cheated,got a chick pregnant,and after I broke it off with him,found out that I am expecting. I'm hoping to be able to meet some ladies/get insight on going through this alone ( cuz Lord knows the hormones aren't helping anything.)

Re: new,single,pg with first

• Options

I never post but had to respond to you.

I have been by myself since the day I found out I was pregnant.  Ex said he did not want the baby.  For me it was a miraceal baby.  My daughter is 1.  I have never received a penny from him.  Never even seen my daughter.  Life is peaceful.  If I had to do it over again I would still let him walk.

My daughter deserves the child suport but it less stress for me without him.  I have good family help that lives close.  I wont lie its hard to be a single parent on one income.  Worst part for me is lack of sleep.  Women do it all the time.

Good luck enjoy every minuet of the pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I have also been alone since day 1 and my ex also got another girl pregnant which i didnt find out about until i was about 6 months along.  My ex has never seen my 5 month old and i have yet to get child support.  I had somewhat of a hard time connecting with my pregnancy.  I just kind of went through the motions but because of my situation i felt i couldnt get really excited.  Once my daughter was born everyhting changed.  She is my world and i still cant believe i could love someone as much as her. 

Try to stay positive and close to family and friends.  Allow people to help you and also allow yourself to feel happy/excited ect about your new bundle of joy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image1redmini:

Ex said he did not want the baby. I have never received a penny from him. Life is peaceful.  If I had to do it over again I would still let him walk.

My daughter deserves the child suport but it less stress for me without him.  I have good family help that lives close.  I wont lie its hard to be a single parent on one income.  Worst part for me is lack of sleep.  Women do it all the time.

This. (Except I have a son)

My son will be 1 year old on March 24. He is the most amazing little man, and  am the luckiest mama ever! My situation is VERY similar to yours. My ex fiance and I had been together for 11 years, from the time we were 12 and 13. As far as I was concerned, it was meant to be, I thought that's what he wanted too. We got into a little rut. Things got pretty bad and we split up. He found a new girl, and lived with her for a few months. We decided to get back together. Things were great, better than ever. Then we got the call. She was pregnant. 2 weeks later, I wasn't feeling well. (I'm one of those women that knows the moment I'm pregnant) Took a test, and sure enough BFP. I was beyond excited. He on the other hand, was slightly less than happy. We agreed to be together, and take care of both kids together and that I would take care of the other child (when he was around) just like he was my own flesh and blood.

The other girl had different plans. She actually tried to have me beat up by a few of her friends in hopes that I would lose the baby. I was 5 months pregnant when I called him to wake him up so he could drop me off at work and take my car for the day. He didn't answer. It turns out that between the other girl and his mother, they were able to convince him that she was the better option. That was November 3, 2010. I haven't heard from him since.

I had always said that I had no doubt in my mind that I could do it on my own.  It's not the easiest thing I've ever done, but I have support from a pretty amazing family and a few close friends. I don't collect child support, mostly because I don't want him or his family to have anything to do with my son. Frankly, they're all pretty messed up, and they never believed my son was his anyways.

I'm glad my son and I got away when we did. My son's older brother was born January 4, 2011. My son was born March 24, 2011. 11 weeks apart, and only because she gave birth early and I gave birth late. They were due 6 weeks apart. I've also recently learned that his third son, by a third woman, was born in late December.

Just remember, everything happens for a reason. You and your LO will be just fine, as long as you put your mind to it. Don't stress him and his poor decisions. It's not worth it. I'll be around if you want to talk!

Enjoy it. It's an amazing time.

• Options

I know where you are coming from except my baby's dad and i were never dating, so now i'm 9 weeks pregnant and after i told him, he didn't really talk to me much, i showed him proof, he didn't talk to me for 2 weeks, i told him about first appointment (which was monday), he showed up and is excited about it.

It makes things harder because he's in a relationship with another woman and i got pregnant when he was still married (recently divorced as of monday). I just hope he keeps his promise and steps up to be a father.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"