Oregon Babies
Options

Your favorite kid (toddler) friendly campground in Oregon?

Someone posted about this last year but I can't find the post now.  TIA
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Your favorite kid (toddler) friendly campground in Oregon?

• Options

Ft. Stevens is AWESOME! It is very kid/family friendly and there is a bunch to do there! We have been twice, once when I was pregnant with Lydie and then again last summer! I think you guys would like it, if you havent been there before! plus your close to Astoria & there is lots to do there as well!

HTH

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersPhotobucket
  • Options
    Love Ft. Stevens! We have also been to Cape Lookout and Nehalem Bay and one of our personal favorites is Beverly Beach campground near Newport. But that one is really popular. Closer to home you could check out the newer Stub Stewart campground. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We had a great time at South Beach, just outside of Newport. We've learned to stick to campgrounds with playgrounds. Plus, it's close to so much fun stuff (and shopping, if you forget something). DD LOVES the OSU Marine Science Center, more than the aquarium, actually. It has nice access to a great sandy beach, too (although our loop was far from it, so we drove to the day use area).

We went to Silver Creek Falls, too. It was off-season, which probably made a difference, but it wasn't as much fun for that age group. DD was too little to hike the waterfall loop solo but too big for us to carry her. The river probably would have been fun if the weather had been nicer, but the campground itself (at least our loop) was really boring for her. We'll go again in a couple of years.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Applegate Lake Oregon
  • Options
    Loeb state park, It's beautiful during the summer and it is right next to a great river. Very kid/family friendly. In Brookings Oregon. We live here so we camp there every summer.
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    Trillium Lake is a great place for families.  We saw quite a few up there with little ones.  There are tent sites as well as ones for motor homes.  Running water and port-o-potties.  So not exactly roughing it but that might be nice if you still have LOs in diapers.  Won't get to camp with our little girl until 2013, at the earliest but looking forward to that day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

In Southern Oregon, there's Lake of the Woods. My family has gone there every summer since long before I was born, and my parents brought me with them when I was six weeks old. The entire family(including extended family) comes and brings their little ones every summer. 

The best times to go are in Late July and August, and in the middle of the week when the campgrounds aren't as busy. The lake is like glass on Tuesdays, and the water is so clear you can see to the floor of the lake until you get to around 30 feet deep. It's great for fishing and swimming too, because it has a very gradual incline into the lake and there are tons of fallen logs along the shore line that have been trimmed for safety purposes, but create a sort of wading pool for smaller children and prevents them from going out too far.

There's a lodge on site as well, a little ways from the campsites that has a restaurant and a general store with conveniences and souvenirs.  For the older kids and adults, there's a bike path that goes all the way around the lake...you can hike it or bike it. It's a beautiful area and one of my favorite places on earth. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"