C-sections
Options

Best undies....

Any recommendations as to which undies are the best/most comfortable after a c/s?? Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Best undies....

• Options
    I picked up a bunch of lace panties, with no elastic at the waistband.  They don't rub on my incision site.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The post partum csection undies from motherhood will hold you all together and significantly lessen the pain for the first few weeks. Highly recommend! The cheapies from Walmart sucked in comparison.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I picked up a cheap pack of George brand granny panties (from Walmart) and had no problems.
  • Options
    I just got some fruit of the loom granny panties, lol. They worked well and I didn't care if they got ruined. It was nice having the extra material because of the pads I had to wear for the bleeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It doesn't matter too much, as long as the waistband doesn't hit your incision. I just used cheap hanes (the boyshort kind). They are so comfy and to be honest I am still wearing them at 11 weeks pp, even thou they are huge, because I just love them. DH hates them with a passion. I think I'm just gonna rip the band aid off and throw them all away. I hate to part with them, though.
  • Options

I just got 2 packs of the Hanes hi-cut undies from target.  Really cheap, comfortable, and I didn't worry about ruining them with the bleeding. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Anything that's not so low cut that it will be against or near your incision.  I wore hicuts bc they didn't feel so much like granny panties but were way above that super sore area.  Never thought about c/s panties and pressure (like the pillow support they recommend) never helped anyway.
  • Options

imageRA1109:
    The post partum csection undies from motherhood will hold you all together and significantly lessen the pain for the first few weeks. Highly recommend! The cheapies from Walmart sucked in comparison.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm having my c-section today so I'm anxious to see how well they work.

• Options
    imagekrzynluv1031:

I just got 2 packs of the Hanes hi-cut undies from target.  Really cheap, comfortable, and I didn't worry about ruining them with the bleeding. 

Ditto this exactly...
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

• Options
    nothing w/ a waist band that's tight on the stomach. Even i you could take some extra hosptial ones for the first week or two would be great. They're ugly but the most comfortable.
  • Options

imageLucyD1029:
    Huge-ass granny panties, but I wore the mesh ones from the hospital for as long as possible.  I loved those things!

Big Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I loved cotton boy shorts
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options

Ask the nurses at the hospital if you could take home a week or two supply of the mesh boy shorts they give you while you're in the hospital. They are the most comfortable.

I'm a big fan of the hi-cut brief from Victoria's Secret. My incision is still sore 2 weeks PP however I'm sore on the inside too, just above the incision. These hit my waist above all of it and they're cute too!

On a separate note, the best thing my husband ever bought for me was a height extender for the toilet seat. Our toilet sits pretty low and sitting down/getting up on/from without his help was the most difficult thing for me. I think he got it at Wal-Mart or Walgreen's.

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"