Pittsburgh Babies
Options

West Penn OBs

Anyone know of any West Penn OB's that take UPMC insurance for obstetrics.  I know a lot of them take it for GYN but I don't want to deliver at Magee  (bad experience) and I have UPMC insurance :(

Re: West Penn OBs

• Options

I have no idea about insurance stuff. I just switched from west penn Ob to the midwife center.

ETA: I just went to my last appointment with WPOBGYN before switching to the center. I just wanted to get my glucose results and have that record transfered. They did not know that is was going to be my last apt. Before ever mentioning the center, I felt very rushed. I got the impression Dr. Roperti did not want me to ask any questions or to slow her down at all. She wasn't very pleasant, just hurried. IMO Midwives give much better care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know anything about insurance stuff either, I have Aetna which is national. I do know that I used the the West Penn OB group and they deliver at West Penn (of course) and I really liked them. They have locations all around the city but it's the same six doctors, they just go from office to office. I'm guessing you've already checked with them, but if not, I did really like them and I liked delivering at West Penn. No problems :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Can you look on UPMC's website? They have a provider directory and should be able to give you information about who is in network and the doctor's hospital privileges.

I am pretty sure that West Penn is out of network for commercial UPMC members. UPMC for You and UPMC for Life members are still able to receive services there.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagetomkat35728:

Can you look on UPMC's website? They have a provider directory and should be able to give you information about who is in network and the doctor's hospital privileges.

I am pretty sure that West Penn is out of network for commercial UPMC members. UPMC for You and UPMC for Life members are still able to receive services there.

I agree with what she says.... I go to West Penn OBGYN -Cranberry office and delivered at West Penn wonderful experience- I had a Csection

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"