May 2011 Moms
Options

Poll: Breastfeeding

I'm just curious, how many May mom's are still breastfeeding at this point?
[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Poll: Breastfeeding

• Options
    I made it to 7.5 months before my supply got low enough to supplement. It has dropped down to about 45 ounces a day and the boys combined need about 55 per day now. So, the rest is formula.
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemullenem:

imageeveram01:
    I made it to 7.5 months before my supply got low enough to supplement. It has dropped down to about 45 ounces a day and the boys combined need about 55 per day now. So, the rest is formula.

That is SUPER impressive.  I couldn't imagine EPing or BFing twins.  You totally rock, IMO!

For reals.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageeveram01:

That is impressive!!

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I said 100% formula because I am only nursing once a day, in the mornings - I even packed away my pump a couple months ago.  Since I have to go to Canada for work next week, I think breastfeeding will be reaching its end.  I'm pretty sure those morning nursing sessions were only getting her an ounce or 2 anyway -- my supply crapped out a long time ago.  I was just holding onto this morning session more for me than for her I think.  It's hard to stop!  :)
  • Options

Another twin mom EPer here.  I'm going to have to start supplementing soon, too.  I found out my milk is only good for ~3-4 months in the deep freeze, it just gets nasty after that.  About a month ago I chucked ~500 oz I pumped in June-August.  I have maybe 40 oz left in the freezer that should still be OK. 

If the freezer thing wouldn't have happened, I probably could have made it a year since I'm still getting ~48 oz/day and they use about ~52.

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagemiesl:

Another twin mom EPer here.  I'm going to have to start supplementing soon, too.  I found out my milk is only good for ~3-4 months in the deep freeze, it just gets nasty after that.  About a month ago I chucked ~500 oz I pumped in June-August.  I have maybe 40 oz left in the freezer that should still be OK. 

If the freezer thing wouldn't have happened, I probably could have made it a year since I'm still getting ~48 oz/day and they use about ~52.

I would NEVER dump milk without specifically KNOWING each individual bag went bad. I am still using milk from July and it is 100% fine. Not sure why you dumped everything? Did you taste/smell it and it went bad? :(

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imageLisa102304:

I would NEVER dump milk without specifically KNOWING each individual bag went bad. I am still using milk from July and it is 100% fine. Not sure why you dumped everything? Did you taste/smell it and it went bad? :(

I checked each bag... some were worse than others.  I tasted the ones that smelled the least nasty.  No good.  It was miserable watching it all go down the drain. :-(

Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We just ran through our freezer supply so are now supplementing up to 2 bottles a day. I don't make near enough even though I pump 2-3x a day at work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mostly still breastfeeding, but also some solid food and a bit of formula here and there.
  • Options
    At 9m we are still exclusively nursing, no solids or bottles. his choice, I've tried solid, and he gags to the point of vomiting, well visit Tuesday.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"