Parenting after 35

XP: On the roller coaster...

After not feeling many symptoms with this pregnancy, I called the doctor last week and said that I can't wait until 8 weeks for the first u/s or I will go crazy.  With DS, I was already feeling nauseous, sore boobs, the whole nine yards.  With my m/c, I didn't really have any symptoms either.  I went in and the doctor said they could see a gestational sac and a yolk sac, but no fetal pole.  Which is totally normal at 5+ weeks....except that I thought I was 6+ weeks.

So, today I went in, expecting the worst (still not having too many symptoms) and lo and behold, there was a heartbeat!!   Doctor said that everything looks good for 6 weeks and that growth was good since last u/s.  I am shocked and surprised and so happy.  Wow...just taking this one day at a time and remaining hopeful.

Geez, I wish there was some way to fast-forward through first tri because the stress could very well be the death of me.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: XP: On the roller coaster...

• Yay for the heartbeat! I hope everything goes well for you Strunella and you get to hug one more LO in 7-8 months or so. I am a freak of the nature and I can understand how it is to be under constant pressure of "what if something goes wrong". I was like that for the entire pregnancy, not the first tri only. But hey, there is a heartbeat! That is something to concentrate on for now and be happy about! Keep us posted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How exciting for the hearbeat.  Sticky baby dust on the way to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Stick baby, stick! Glad to read about the heartbeat.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So glad you got good news today!!!  Burrow in little one and make yourself comfortable!  FWIW, the exact same thing happened to me with this pg, and I completely understand the stress, as I have had prior losses as well.  Try to take it one day at a time - there's a great saying on the pg after a loss board, "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby" (or something close to that).  It really helped me to have that mantra in my mind.  Best of luck for a happy and healthy pg!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hated the long wait to get out of the first tri. Congrats on the h/b and I hope everything goes well! Smile
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Hooray for a heartbeat!!! Sorry about the worry.
  • Congrats! So happy for you.
  • Whew for good news, and sorry you're having a bumpy ride!  Sticky dust to you!!!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Great news - congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"