1st Trimester
Options

Culver's Frozen Custard

On Saturday I stopped at McDs and got a soft serve ice cream come - yum. Well later that night I was looking up so info on microwave popcorn, I remember hearing something in it wasn't safe. I came across information that said you shouldn't eat soft serve ice cream either!!! oopps :)

I'm wondering about Culver's frozen custard? I believe they clean their machine every night and make a new batch of custard every day - are there the same risks with the frozen custard as with soft serve? I tried looking online and didn't find much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Culver's Frozen Custard

• Options

I worked for a mom-and-pop custard shop when I was younger.  It is perfectly safe while pregnant.  It was actually quite popular with the pregnant women in town :)  The machine was cleaned with bleach every night and rinsed thoroughly.  I want to say it was 1 bleach cycle and 3 rinse cycles but don't quote me on that.  Custard machines are expensive and have to be cleaned each night or they break down because they build up gunk.  

I've not heard anything about not eating soft serve ice cream, though.  I've thoroughly enjoyed my frozen yogurt on days I can't seem to get much down.  At least I can say I ate yogurt and fruit on those days ;) 

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    Its fine, I've never read anywhere that soft serve should be avoided in pregnancy.  My LO has already had a decent amount of McDonalds ice cream.  It just seems to go down easier that real food.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure i single-handedly kept my local Culver's in business during my pregnancy. Stick out tongue I've heard of the concern about soft serve before, but i was willing to risk it, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"