Preemies
Options

complaining to Similac? (Neosure coupons/sizes)

Hey moms,

I emailed Similac with a complaint about how their coupons often can't be used on Neosure and they emailed me back saying they were sending me a "generous mailing of coupons." Yesterday I got ONE $5 check, that doesn't sound generous to me! Has anyone every complained to them? I don't know if this was the mailing they were offering for the complaint or what

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

Re: complaining to Similac? (Neosure coupons/sizes)

• Options

eh, I'd let it go honestly.

<-- has enough to worry about :)

• Options

It's not going to keep me up tonight. We all have enough to worry about, I was just curious if anyone had experience with them.

imagelemen99:

eh, I'd let it go honestly.

<-- has enough to worry about :)

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMommynTeacher:

Hey moms,

I emailed Similac with a complaint about how their coupons often can't be used on Neosure and they emailed me back saying they were sending me a "generous mailing of coupons." Yesterday I got ONE $5 check, that doesn't sound generous to me! Has anyone every complained to them? I don't know if this was the mailing they were offering for the complaint or what

Neosure is a specialty formula that has no coupons. Any coupon is generous IMO.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Have you registered on the website?  If so, did they send you a formula sample and package with the $5 checks?  We've gotten two sets of them, and they are awesome because Alimentum also never goes on sale or has other coupons. I haven't gotten any on a LONG time, so I registered my Mom on the site around Christmas.  She got her package yesterday:)  Hey, at $28 a can, I get seriously excited about $5 off!  HTH! 
  • Options

imageHJOHNSTON411:
    Have you registered on the website?  If so, did they send you a formula sample and package with the $5 checks?  We've gotten two sets of them, and they are awesome because Alimentum also never goes on sale or has other coupons. I haven't gotten any on a LONG time, so I registered my Mom on the site around Christmas.  She got her package yesterday:)  Hey, at $28 a can, I get seriously excited about $5 off!  HTH! 

$28 a can? Holy moly! In that case, $5 off is good. I have so many coupons for regular Similac products, I keep bringing them to my church food pantry because I know someone there can use them for sure.  I did register on the Similac site and never got anything. I guess it doesn't hurt to try again and sign up a few peple while I'm at it. Thanks for your response!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Do the coupons specifically state that they can't be used on Neosure?  A lot of times they will work on ANY Similac product.  Also, you do know that you can fortify any formula to increase calories?  Similac made the scoop larger on Neosure to equal extra calories...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

imageCOmommy:
    Do the coupons specifically state that they can't be used on Neosure?  A lot of times they will work on ANY Similac product.  Also, you do know that you can fortify any formula to increase calories?  Similac made the scoop larger on Neosure to equal extra calories...

No, they don't exclude Neosure in writing but most of the coupons are for sizes that Neosure isn't made in. It only comes in one size canned powder (13oz) , one size ready to feed, and even the ready to feed bottles (2 oz) are different from the comparable items in different formulations- I think they come in a 2 oz. 8 pack and others, packs of 6 I think, I have coupons that specifiy 6 pack.

Basicallly, babies are expensive and due to my pregnancy complications I missed out on quite a few paychecks this year. DH has a great job and although we aren't hurting for money, I have never not contributed financially and on some odd level it makes me happy to score deals on baby goods. As somebody mentioned before, it's not a huge deal but it bothers me that I get/have all these coupons that I just can't use and Similac is doing this on purpose.

LOL, I can't even believe I'm bumping about this. :- ) This baby has taken over for sure!

Photobucket
  • Options

Sorry, I am late to the game. I am going on 15 months of buying Neosure for my girls (thank goodness only like 3 weeks left!!!!) Similac stinks about sending coupons. They just stopped sending me coupons and when I sent them an email to inquire about, I got 1 more. 

Long story short, is you dont have many options.  BUT as of a couple months ago, Parents Choice came out with a "store brand"  of high calorie formula called Neocare. It is $9.44 a can compared to $18 or so for Neosure. You can also email them 1x a month and they will send you a coupon for a free can. (you can do this for several people in your family and get a few coupons a month).  Also you can go to the swap spot board on here and trade coupons for either similac or parents choice with other coupons you might come across!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have a ton of $5 neosure coupons. I get them in the mail faster then I can use them.  OP please PM me and I will mail them to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagevigurl:
    I have a ton of $5 neosure coupons. I get them in the mail faster then I can use them.  OP please PM me and I will mail them to you.

Thank you so much!

Photobucket
  • Options
    imagecaitdana:

Sorry, I am late to the game. I am going on 15 months of buying Neosure for my girls (thank goodness only like 3 weeks left!!!!) Similac stinks about sending coupons. They just stopped sending me coupons and when I sent them an email to inquire about, I got 1 more. 

Long story short, is you dont have many options.  BUT as of a couple months ago, Parents Choice came out with a "store brand"  of high calorie formula called Neocare. It is $9.44 a can compared to $18 or so for Neosure. You can also email them 1x a month and they will send you a coupon for a free can. (you can do this for several people in your family and get a few coupons a month).  Also you can go to the swap spot board on here and trade coupons for either similac or parents choice with other coupons you might come across!

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know about Neocare.

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageMommynTeacher:

imageCOmommy:

No, they don't exclude Neosure in writing but most of the coupons are for sizes that Neosure isn't made in. It only comes in one size canned powder (13oz) , one size ready to feed, and even the ready to feed bottles (2 oz) are different from the comparable items in different formulations- I think they come in a 2 oz. 8 pack and others, packs of 6 I think, I have coupons that specifiy 6 pack.

Basicallly, babies are expensive and due to my pregnancy complications I missed out on quite a few paychecks this year. DH has a great job and although we aren't hurting for money, I have never not contributed financially and on some odd level it makes me happy to score deals on baby goods. As somebody mentioned before, it's not a huge deal but it bothers me that I get/have all these coupons that I just can't use and Similac is doing this on purpose.

LOL, I can't even believe I'm bumping about this. :- ) This baby has taken over for sure!

LOL!  Hope the website registration works for you.  I know if you put in the baby was born before 37 weeks, they specifically send the checks for Neosure. I kept getting Neosure ones that I couldn't use, until I figured it out. Otherwise, they are generic $5 off checks.  

I know how you feel though.  A lot of coupons are for the 1.3 lb tubs, which aren't available for specialty formulas.  It's frustrating.  We tried to switch LO to soy about a month ago.  Maybe we were being hypersensitive, but we felt he was 'happier' on Alimentum, so we elected to go back.  My Dr thought we were nutty! 

Anyway, GL with your coupon hunting.  My pregnancy complications put me out of work for 2+ months longer than planned with no disability.  Then I lost my job before Christmas.  Losing almost half of our income hurts, but luckily my DH has a good job like yours.  I try to be resourceful however I can though by finding coupons and other things that I wouldn't have time for if I was working.   

• Options
    When we were using Neosure we just handed the store the coupon/check and it took it off the can.  They never declined it or stated that we couldn't use it for that product.  Have you tried just using them?  Also, check with your NICU.  They often times have specific Neosure coupons!!
    Sophia Elizabeth born at 28 weeks, 6 days. Weighing 3lbs, 3oz and 15 1/8" long. SS Photography blue petti
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"