I am absolutely mortified! LO was napping in his swing earlier today so I was taking the opportunity to do some cleaning in the bedroom (we have the crib in our bedroom right now). While picking up laundry and moving things around, I noticed mold along the floorboard next to his crib. I started moving the crib/dressers around and it's all along the bottom of the walls!!! OMG. I feel like a horrible mommy!!! How did I not see this sooner??? We have been using a humidifier for DS's stuffy nose, but for some reason in my ditsy "mommy brain" head it never occurred to me to be on the lookout for too much moisture causing mold! I went into total mommy freakout mode, woke up DH from his nap, told him he's on baby duty until further notice, and believe me I have been going APE SH**** on that room! I have been on my hands and knees scrubbing and cleaning (even sacrificed one of my bottle brushes to get in the nooks & crannies). All while having nightmarish thoughts in my head about my baby's tiny lungs being filled with mold spores while he sleeps at night. Whoosh. Taking a breather now to convince myself I'm still a good mommy.
If any of you mamas are using a humidifier (or if you do use one in the future), be sure to do regular checks for mold in whatever room you have it in!