Texas Babies
Options

Can we talk food?

We haven't been in SA long and have yet to find the good local restaurants.

What's your favorite local joint?

And please suggest a pizza place while your at it! :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can we talk food?

• Options
    I would have to say a couple of my fav places are: for Chinese, Hsiu Yu on Broadway they have great brunch deals and their chef special soup is divine. For Italian we like Paesanos, they have a great pizza too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For pizza, I love Rome's Pizza and Dough. They're both great - DH & I were at Rome's this weekend and had their Greek pizza....soooo yummy!! Oh and Fralo's is pretty good too. Haven't been there in a long time, but I think they are also still BYOB.

My faves are: 

Godai for sushi and I will 2nd Paesano's for Italian. Also really like Scenic Loop Cafe, Moroccan Bites (they were even on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives) and Le Frite.

BBQ: this is tough because everyone will have an opinion, but Rudy's and Texas Pride. I'm not going to even touch on Mexican food because there's so darn many of them. Can you tell I love food? LOL!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love Goodtime Charlies on Broadway and Capperillies on Southcrosss. 
  • Options

Pizza: seriously BJ's!! Their pizza called BJ's favorite on wheat crust... To die for! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Grimaldi's for pizza, hands down! There are quite a few good places to get pizza around here, they're just the best! ;)
  • Options

imagenattn:
    Grimaldi's for pizza, hands down! There are quite a few good places to get pizza around here, they're just the best! ;)

Haha! Apparently, you'd think from this post it's all SA has to eat!

El chapparel on redland and 1604 has great Mexican food, and if you want to go hole in the wall, Los robertos on bitters and embassy   

Bigz for burgers! 

Oh and a little drive, but in Marion, GG's is yum! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Not a pizza place, but there's a little tiny burger joint called the Lord's Kitchen on Seguin, just outside of Ft Sam that has pretty amazing burgers.  Fries weren't so great, but the burgers were awesome.  We had to go because my husband talked so much crap about being able to finish their 3 POUND BURGER that somebody finally called him on it...  He didn't really eat for two days afterward. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"