Boston Babies
Options

Midwives @ Mt. Auburn?

Has anyone used them? Care to share your experiences? I'm thinking about using them for my pregnancy.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Midwives @ Mt. Auburn?

• Options

I had a wonderful experience with them. Have you attended one of their info sessions?

It is a large practice, so it isn't a touchy-feely one on one midwife experience. It is a professional practice of 19 (?) midwives. I worked with several over the course of my pregnancy, and loved the midwife who was present for my delivery. I spent several hours with back labor on my hands and knees in the tub. Both the midwife and nurse monitored me wirelessly and intermittently while getting splashed with water from the tub! They were amazing, and I felt safe and well cared for throughout. I presented with a baby that had rotated but never once did they mention meds or interventions. I delivered a healthy baby and my postpartum stay was smooth sailing. In addition to the lactation consultant every single nurse was ready and willing to help with breast feeding.

I will definitely go back to them when we are ready for our second child. 

• Options

Hi

My sis in law just had her first child and raved about them! I had used Mt.Auburn practice for women with my first 6 children and wanted a different experience with this little one. Our 7th baby is due in July. I have had 2 appointments with Leila who is one of the midwives. She is wonderful! She spent an hour with me on my fist visit..much different from my ob. I had a few medical concerns in the beginning and she was able to consult with my ob. I have had wonderful delivery experiences at mount auburn with each child. I look forward to this new experience. Best of luck to you!

Katie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"