VBAC
Options

What is the amount of time that has to pass after a c section to consider vbac?

I'm sure the answer varies depending on doctor, reason for c section, etc

I'll ask my OB when I see him,  but just so I have an idea if it's even on the table for discussion....

I am due 16 months after my c section.  

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: What is the amount of time that has to pass after a c section to consider vbac?

• Options
    I have heard 18mo-2years but I would go by what your doctor says they are comfortable with.  If you feel it isn't right maybe try to get 2nd opinions.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doc said 2 years between deliveries.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doctor says 2 years between births. But since we'll only be a couple months off that, we're waiting until closer to make the final decision.

The chance of a rupture after two years is 0.5%. It can be from 1-2% between 1-2 years. I haven't done a lot of research, but that is what she said at my appt this past week.

• Options
    Like you said, I think it depends on the situation.  I was told I could get pregnant as soon as I felt like it.  I actually had a cp when DD was 2 months old.  My deliveries will be about 16.5 months apart.  `
  • Options

Mine are 14 months apart. Never seemed like it would be an issue. I would find a Dr. that wouldn't hesitate about a VBAC.

My c-section was for high blood pressure and (incorrectly diagnosed) growth restriction. They never really gave me the option of induction. This time I got induced for my VBAC. Turns out my bp issues are just gestational hypertension and not pre-eclamsia and my babies just tend to be on the smaller side.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Abigail (6.2010) and Evelyn (9.2011)
  • Options
    I just had a successful vbac 14 months after my c section. I had no complications and my doctors were never worried. Infact they would have let me go until 42 weeks before making me have another c section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My peri told me there is no reason why I should have to wait more than 6 months post c/s to get pregnant again.  My c/s was an emergency c/s and resulted in a stillbirth of my twins (not the c/s fault, but the result nonetheless).  Losing our babies and especially because they are our only children is why I specifically asked my doc for a time frame.  Since the c/s had nothing to do with my health my peri said I should be able to do a VBAC.
  • Options
    My due date is Feb 15, which is just over 18 months from my cs. My doctor didn't even suggest scheduling a rcs at my first appointment and said I should VBAC. She said ideally, 18-24 months after is the minimum, so Id be fine. We'll see... I'm 38 weeks now and reeaaallly hoping I'll go into labor spontaneously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"