C-sections
Options

C-section fat...can it be removed w/o surgery?

So my GF is swearing up and down that there is no way possible to get rid of the fat where her C-section was since this is her 2nd one and they cut her in the same place as the first. I told her I would provide her several fitness workouts to strengthen and work those ab muscles and tighten that area up but she swears no kind of workout will get rid of that fat. Is this really true? She just met with a plastic surgeon the other day for consultation to get the fat surgically removed. 

Re: C-section fat...can it be removed w/o surgery?

• Options

I don't blame her. 

Fat around that area is difficult to get rid of and no amount of working out will fix baggy, stretched out skin.

• Options

I think she probably has extra skin and maybe some fat under it that is making a pooch. I think it is possible to get rid of the fat in that area and tighten things up, but still look like you have fat there because of the tissue being stretched. My OB told me it has a lot to do with the type of tissue you have and how it responds to being cut. It is sometimes a genetic thing, like getting stretch marks. Some people's skin just does not bounce back so any amount of fat will look more noticeable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 43 and had c-sections in 1998 and 2001 (twins).  I was wearing a bikini this past summer.  Not sure that will happen again because I doubt I can bounce back as easily at this age but I did it in my 30's.  It can be done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

everyone's bodies react differently.

it's not c/s fat... it's just pregnancy fat/skin... a c/s doesn't cause extra fat - but it might make it look different b/c of the incision scar creating a sort of roll look.

I had twins and i have lost all of the weight and then some- and my skin is just gross... i WILL need surgery to remove it.  The more weight i lose, the grosser my stomach looks b/c it was so stretched out with 15+lbs of baby and stuff in there.

There was a twin mom on the multiples board that had a tummy tuck - she showed her before pic and it looked like Kate from Kate +8... it was HORRIBLE, and she only had twins --- her body just reacted differently.

There are some twin moms who have bounced back fine and no marks... it just all depends... but yes, many women do need a TT to get rid of that flap of skin after they have lost the weight.

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

everyone's bodies react differently.

it's not c/s fat... it's just pregnancy fat/skin... a c/s doesn't cause extra fat - but it might make it look different b/c of the incision scar creating a sort of roll look.

I had twins and i have lost all of the weight and then some- and my skin is just gross... i WILL need surgery to remove it.  The more weight i lose, the grosser my stomach looks b/c it was so stretched out with 15+lbs of baby and stuff in there.

There was a twin mom on the multiples board that had a tummy tuck - she showed her before pic and it looked like Kate from Kate +8... it was HORRIBLE, and she only had twins --- her body just reacted differently.

There are some twin moms who have bounced back fine and no marks... it just all depends... but yes, many women do need a TT to get rid of that flap of skin after they have lost the weight.

This is what I think.  The lower abdomen is one of the hardest body parts to lose fat/tone up.  And remember that no matter how hard you work a body part you can't make the fat there disappear.  Working the muscles will tone and build them but not necessarily lose the fat right there.  I've lost 45 lbs and my abdomen certainly feels firmer.  Underneath.  Superficially I still have the stretched out skin and displaced look from pregnancy, not just the c/s.  I had a human in there 3 months ago so it's gonna look different regardless how she was born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"