Minnesota Babies
Options

Stay at home mom vs. working?

Hi all, looking for some suggestions from SAHM's.... I currently work a full time job, however, I'm expecting baby #2, and the thought of paying two daycare rates kills me. I don't make all that much, but my husband doesn't make quite enough to support all 4 of us. If I were to stay at home with the two kids, do any of you mom's have any suggestions for some part-time/evening or from-home jobs for a little extra income?! All input welcome. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Stay at home mom vs. working?

• Options

I work part-time myself, but I have some friends who are SAHM's. They do Pampered Chef, Lia Sophia, Mary Kay. Stuff like that. There's also a super-popular weight-loss thing right now, Visalus or something like that. Is it possible to go part-time in your current field? I was able to do that with my work, and it's great.

I hope everything works out for you!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just recently made the decision to be a SAHM. I will work occasional Saturday's when they need help just to keep my foot in the door at the company I work for.

DH and I are very fortunate for our living situation which makes it easier for me to SAH, but I do suggest a part time job anyway - it's been tough being home all day every day (especially these past few days when it's been so blasted cold out).

It's important to get out and have 'you' time - even if that's working. It's healthy to have normal adult conversation and being in an adult environment sometimes. 

If you do decide to SAH and work part time, DH has to be okay with you working and either himself or another babysitting while you are away. I don't know about PP, but you may find yourself being able to spend less time with DH. 

It's a decision that you and DH need to make together.  

imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about trying to get a part time job at a retail place where you shop a lot that may offer you a discount for working there - like Target or Kohls.  That way you could make a little extra $$ and then also get the benefit of saving $$ on stuff you'd buy anyway.  But like PP mentioned, it would likely cause you to work on nights and/or weekends, so that you'd be spending less time with DH and/or he'd be taking on more responsibility of watching the kids while you're working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"