Austin Babies
Options

What would your first meal be?

So as most of you know I've been doing a detox when I'm not eating red meat, sugar, diary, breads, alcohol, caffine. It's over at the end of January. While I plan to continue a lot of the eating habits I've developed I sometimes think what it is I miss most. What would be my first "cheat" food/meal after the detox?

I'm not sure what I want most. Surprisingly it's not Starbucks. Surprisingly there isn't a whole lot I'm really really wanting. Maybe pizza from Austin Pizza or House Pizzeria?  What would be your food you would want the most?

Re: What would your first meal be?

• Options
    Mexican food...cheese enchiladas.

Though, now that I think about it, I don't think I would go crazy and eat anything really bad. First, it will probably upset your stomach. Second, doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose?
  • Options
    Molten chocolate lava dessert thing from Chili's. YUM.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Frank and Angie's pizza with a Delish cupcake for dessert. 
  • Options
    We didn't really change that much.  Several months after detoxing we added grass fed red meat back in.  It was really hard on my stomach the first few times but man that first burger tasted soooo good.  I would HIGHLY recommend lots of digestive enzymes when you eat something not on the detox food list and be prepared for it to not really taste all that good.  Your body may not recognize it as "food" anymore.
  • Options
    I'd run, not walk, RUN to Sullivan's for a rare steak and a big fat glass of wine.

When did you start this detox? How are you surviving without both alcohol *and* coffee?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is wine a meal?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    beer, pizza, ben & jerry's. i love house pizzeria! And frank & angie's too. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekiarox2002:
    Is wine a meal?

Yes

Since you can eat chicken, and are probably getting tire of it - I'd totally get some type of high quality, lean cut of steak with some mashed potatoes.  I don't eat a lot of beef to begin with, but sometimes that craving is just there.

OR, a Mexican Martini. Yes.. with some kind of loaded enchiladas. Half order at Chuy's, of course. ;)

• Options
    Homeslice Pizza and an entire bottle of wine.
  • Options
    i've been doing a fast and i ate a 'cheat' meal and got the worst stomach ache, so be careful :)  but i'd pick pizza.  stomach ache and all :)
  • Options

imagemrs.wildman:
    Homeslice Pizza and an entire bottle of wine.

Yes  

• Options

imagebobcatsteph:

Though, now that I think about it, I don't think I would go crazy and eat anything really bad. First, it will probably upset your stomach.

This, but in the spirit of playing along I'd inhale a bowl of Kerbey Queso with chips and fresh tortillas and a hugeass margarita.  

• Options
    Mexican martini and enchiladas.  Or, maybe the flaquita dinner at Trudy's.
  • Options

imagebobcatsteph:
    Mexican food...cheese enchiladas.

Though, now that I think about it, I don't think I would go crazy and eat anything really bad. First, it will probably upset your stomach. Second, doesn't that kind of defeat the whole purpose?
    Yeah, I don't really plan on overdoing it just something small. I've already cut the craving for a lot of things so I don't want to start it again. Certain things I'm not willing to drop forever like red meat or diary. In moderation of course. Wink

But yes some Chuy's corn tortillas, chips and queso wouldn't be bad either. 

• Options
    Tina Wasserman's challah recipe with raisins (I posted the recipe on FB and I'm baking some right now!)

This bread is so flipping fantastic! It's dense, soft, sweet, and delicious with butter on top. It makes amazing French toast. I could eat good bread all day long. 

• Options

Rib-eye flash fried in butter, then cooked for 8 minutes in the oven. Side of french bread with a nice salty butter. Spinach salad with strawberries, walnuts and a balsamic vinaigrette. And some dark chocolate something to finish, accompanied by a cappuccino. 

And, FWIW, I've broken meat, sugar, and dairy fasts and the only adverse reaction I had was wanting more! And, just to warn you, your first dose of caffeine after not having any for a few weeks will make you feel like a goddess. The dopamine rush alone is worth quitting coffee for a few weeks.

Have fun and good job!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"