January 2012 Moms
Options

FTM question, No one told me about this-please respond

On Tue after my 3rd internal I'm pretty sure i lost my MP. Since then I have lots of mucus"y" discharge and it is progressivly darker with blood. Not bright blood dark blood. I called the Dr. yesterday and she said she thought it was probably just from the exam, but even this morning there was more and again it was darker. I haven't had any labor symptoms and the baby is still moving alot. I'm due in 5 days. Is or has anyone else experienced this? Is it the bloody show?

Thanks ladies! Getting a little concerned.

Re: FTM question, No one told me about this-please respond

• Options
    I think that you should call your doctor again. I had the bloody show last week (at 39 weeks, 6 days). It was a glob of mucus tinged with pinkish blood. A few days later, I lost more mucus- this time with a brownish tinge. This sounds different from what you're experiencing so I would call the dr and confirm that everything is okay.
  • Options
    As a FTM too - I'm not sure if my info is 100% reliable. I SWEAR though - I either read on here, or my doc told me (can't remember which) - that if the blood is dark, it's ok b/c it's old from the exam or if you had sex. If it's red, it's fresh and call the doc immediately. HTH!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I could have written this. Wednesday I had my third internal and a couple of hrs later I had brownish mucusy discharge just like you. I called my doctor and she said it was normal. It kept coming all day and got darker, but not more in volume. I googled and found that it usually takes 24 hrs for it to really stop. It was never pink, just dark, old blood. 

I didn't have any other labor symptoms and LO is moving just the same. After I researched, I realized it probably wasn't my mucus plug (even though that was my first thought).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!
  • Options

every woman is different obviously, but when my water broke Monday, it was all mucus with a tinyyyyyy amount of blood.  I had no clue it had broken.  Not saying yours did but the whole time I was in labor my water was breaking (I had a small tear) and it was redish mucus.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    IDK if I'm misreading these replies but just FYI your MP and bloody show are not one in the same.  MP can be lost weeks before delviery...show is usually within a few days.  Your MP may or may not be tinged with blood, show is the result of capillaries on your cervix bursting as it prepares for labor.  And you can have spotting from an internal that has nothing to do with either of these, that can last for about a day.  Bright red blood or heavy blood is when my doc says to call...but if it continues for a few days you might call if its causing you to worry
  • Options

I know it is hard b/c everyone is different, but I feel like the classes and What to Expect should have acctual photos, not drawings or brief description.

I need several photos of what a MP or the bloody show has/could look like. I know that is gross, but I do better with visuals. Don't misunderstand, not asking anyone to post anything.Tongue Tied Just saying, I feel like, "What the hell is going on with my bod and my baby" I have had a super easy pregnancy no symptoms at all, so maybe thats why this is freaking me out a little.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"