Nurseries and Baby Gear

Crib with spindles instead of slats?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cribs that have turned posts/spindles instead of plain flat slats?  That is, other than the Jenny Lind cribs.  Any recommendations would be great.  Thanks!

Re: Crib with spindles instead of slats?

• I saw these cribs at Bellini and they are beautiful.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Loading the player...
  • I work in a daycare and we had cribs with spindles instead of slats and we had to change to flat slats due to children's chucky thighs getting stuck inbetween the bars.  I know that it might not happen with your child but it did happen a couple times when the child scoots there legs through the bars and because of the babyfat on their legs get stuck.  It just seems like the round bars are easier for a child to slide their legs in compared to the slat squared bars.  Just a FYI. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshellybird101:
    I work in a daycare and we had cribs with spindles instead of slats and we had to change to flat slats due to children's chucky thighs getting stuck inbetween the bars.  I know that it might not happen with your child but it did happen a couple times when the child scoots there legs through the bars and because of the babyfat on their legs get stuck.  It just seems like the round bars are easier for a child to slide their legs in compared to the slat squared bars.  Just a FYI. 

Thanks for the tip!  Also thanks for the gorgeous options from the PP's.  I may have to think on this.  Thanks!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"