Postpartum Depression
Options

Re-introducing myself....

Hi ladies,

I wrote an introduction on this board back in June '11 when I was diagnosed with PPD. I knew I could rely on everyone here. I started medication and therapy sessions. After a while things started to "get a little better". My doctor lowered my medication and my sessions were only scheduled "as needed". After I fews months I felt like myself again. A few days before Thanksgiving, DH & I got a huge surprise when we found out we were pregnant again. A whole bunch of emotions came over me because DD#2 was 6 months then. Ultimately, we were both really excited to be welcoming our 3rd child. At my prenatal appointment, my doctor did an ultrasound and we found that the baby had no heartbeat. I was devastated but didn't have time to grieve with the holidays around the corner. DH also found out that he would be leaving home to work in Georgia for a good 6-9 months. Things have become very overwhelming & I feel like I'm losing myself again. My mother lives with me & my girls now but I don't feel like she truly supports me. I would like to be a little more active on this board because I know you ladies will show a lot of support & I would also like to be able to show my support to you all. I apologize for this long re-introduction. 

Re: Re-introducing myself....

• Options

I want to say I'm very sorry for your loss. 

I can understand having no support from mom (or in my case, my MIL.) My MIL is a big help when taking care of LO, but she is really not supportive when it comes to my PPD.

Her idea of "dealing with it" is to tell me to give myself a few minutes at a time to be upset, and then I just have to snap out of it, or put it in the back of my mind. Now if only it worked that way....

I hope you find the support you're looking for on this board.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"