Minnesota Babies

*mplsbride31*

I know it is early, but I am starting to look at K options for DD (start Fall 2013) and it is even more overwhelming than PreSchool!

Re: *mplsbride31*

• Sorry for the late reply.....just finally checking in. And I know! Community schools, Montessori schools, Magnet schools, it's very overwhelming. We have a few friends in the 'hood that have older kids that started kindergarten this year so we've gotten some feedback on a few, but I totally agree.

Mine might be 2014 though, just because she's an October baby and maybe could start her early, but from what I've heard it's pretty tough to do in Mpls schools and you get the last pick of schools. Plus it's taken her halfway through the year to get comfortable with her preschool, so she's the shy, quiet one. 

We'll have to keep in touch as time gets closer. Do you guys like your preschool? Which one did you end up at? 

imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • The school fair was crazy, they had the MSP public schools in one ballroom and then Charter schools in another.

Checking out the lottery system and priorites for the kids in the district was depressing.

We are at BCCC and loving it- she is only 2 1/2 days a week.  She has a August birthday so we aren't sure about her start date either.  I know we have a year to decide, but it is the emotional aspect that is of concern. 

We are going to open houses and going to try to tour schools now so we can get an idea of what they are like and if they would be a good fit for us and her.  One of our concerns is some of the start times- 7:30 am. 

Are you happy with your choice for pre school?

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! We love our preschool, it's been great. She has blossomed into a much more outgoing kid, which has been fun to see. She is just two days a week now, I think we'll definitely move her to at least 3 days a week next year. I go a little stir crazy on the no-preschool days with two kids at home all day!

I was almost going to go to that school fair this weekend but didn't make it. Next year for sure. I do want to get her screened, I guess Mpls public schools recommend that starting at age 3. 

Good luck with everything and keep in touch!

imageCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"