VBAC

Book recommendations?

Hi Ladies,

Can any of you recommend any good books for VBAC prep. I had a horrible experience with my daughter in 2008; 26 hours of labor, three hours of pushing, then a c-section. They told me my pelvis is small, but they also wouldn't let me squat or use any other position. Anywho, I want to do things differently this time, but I need some help in overcoming the trauma from the first birth. 

Thanks!

Re: Book recommendations?

• Ina May's Guide to Childbirth is really encouraging for natural birth, or just a woman's ability to birth in general.

The VBAC Companion is good, though not as much about birthing as finding a supportive provider, etc.  I found it at my library and liked it a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I just bought Ina May's book, "Birth Matters: How What We Don't Know About Nature, Bodies, and Surgery Can Hurt Us" and it is awesome.

Av8rEmily, I was thinking, too, that if I want a VBAC, it's going to have to be without an epi, since that slows contractions down and sets you up for a whole series of bad events that can lead to a c-section. I just hope I can build up my courage before May. My first birth was truly traumatic, and I had just always assumed I would have to have a scheduled c-section with my second. About a week ago I decided that that is absolute bunk, and here I am. Should you all have any other tips, I would be grateful. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"