Health & Exercise
Options

Starting Allergy Shots while TTC?

I am thinking about starting allergy shots while my husband and I are trying to concieve. I have suffered horrible allergies all year and feel they will help me. My Allergiest has said they are safe and my OB said to speak with my ENT about risk/benefits because she wasnt to familiar with them. Has anyone taken these while TTC? HELP :)

Re: Starting Allergy Shots while TTC?

• Options
    I've been on allergy shot for over 10 years (and had 2 kids during my shots).  It is safe to get injections while TTC and being pregnant (however check with your doctor on what allergy meds are safe while pregnant).  However, you do have to notify them when you become pregnant because they will lower your dosage.  Not because its dangerous to take while pregnant but they do it to lessen the odds that you can have a reaction to the shots (whenever you get allergy injections there is always a change of a reaction- pregnant or not- so they always provide you with an epi-pen and make you wait 20-30 min after your injection). 
  • Options

Hi,

My allergist wants to start me on shots too! We are ttc so I am nervous about doing so. I have bad asthma, allergies and food allergies. Did you decide to do the shots? My allergist also said that they are safe. I really do not know what to do we have been ttc for a year and I am scared of a bad reaction.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"