VBAC

Oh I wrote a review of "The VBAC Dilemma"

which is the new "More Business of Being Born" short documentary on VBAC.

https://parenthoodinsanity.blogspot.com/2012/01/vbac-dilemma.html

I know we talked about this documentary a little on here when it first came out, so I thought I'd share my post here if anyone is interested.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Oh I wrote a review of "The VBAC Dilemma"

• I enjoyed your review. I was a bit dissapointed in the film. As someone planning a out of hospital VBAC it wasnt the best thing for me to watch, especially with DH. And the main OB irritated me and I thought she was too dominant of a voice in the film. I also thought we would hear more about Abby's second birth and it was a bit glossed over. The best part of watching the film with DH was that at the end he said "I already knew all of the stats because you've been reciting them for over a year".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks for sharing! I am trying to decide if I should seek it out to watch, or just keep going on as I am. I'm so close, and don't want to create anxiey (see my post a few posts up), but also want to be educated.

I always appreciate your posts and comments on here... thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't seen the film, but this part of your review resonated with me:

I think this is a great point, that all VBAC really is, is a woman trying to have a vaginal birth.  If VBAC is largely safe and we remember that it's not a procedure but a normal physiological process, doesn't the controversy seem a little ridiculous?  

Yes, yes, yes!   I admit I'm more than a little confused at why this is such a "radical" procedure in this country... it's childbirth.  No more, no less.  How it's gotten twisted into this "dangerous" thing that only crazy mothers who care more about their own "perfect" childbirth experience than the health of their baby is beyond me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I haven't seen the film, and probably won't, but if your review is any indication, it sounds like they made the doctors come off a lot less evil in it than in TBOBB, and I'm glad it sounds like they recognize the impact that hospitals and malpractice companies have in dictating medical practice.  So that's good.  

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • imageGeekchick921:

I haven't seen the film, and probably won't, but if your review is any indication, it sounds like they made the doctors come off a lot less evil in it than in TBOBB, and I'm glad it sounds like they recognize the impact that hospitals and malpractice companies have in dictating medical practice.  So that's good.  

Yeah they didn't make anyone sound evil.  I was surprised by how not crunchy it was LOL.  It was a pretty fair presentation IMO. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"