Kentucky Babies

testing

is it really a good idea to get all the test to see if your baby has down syndrome? I really could care less either way and i dont want to put my baby in any harm. This is my and my boyfriends first baby and we are very nervous about making a misstep. I will love our baby no matter what and i'm not big on taking extra meds or putting my body through things it dosent need so can i safely skip this testing? I am still in my first trimester and dont want to harm the baby in any way. 
march siggy: Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: testing

• We didn't have any testing done because whether he had any conditions or not, we were not going to terminate the pregnancy and would love him just the same.  The risks of the test and the cost were not worth knowing, for us.  Plus with no family history the risk of down syndrome was low.
  • We did have the test done. We would not have terminated our pregnancy if it had came back positive (which then doesn't mean your baby will have down syndrome) we just like to be prepared for as much as possible. It only required a little blood testing and an extra ultrasound which was 100% covered by our insurance. If that test had come back positive, I would inquired the risk factors of the next test and would have only chosen the safest route. Congrats on your baby!!
    Bobbie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"