Success after IF
Options

How to remove adhesive from Vivelle patch?

My stomach is full of the adhesive left over from the patch. I've tried using nail polish remover with no luck. Any other suggestions.

Thanks 

Re: How to remove adhesive from Vivelle patch?

• Options
    I tried rubbing alcohol, but it only removed a little. I would be picking that stuff off for weeks. =/
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Baby oil works the best but I think any oil would do.  It still takes a little extra rubbing but you won't be rubbing your skin off!!  Good luck.

• Options
    Peanut butter gets gum out of hair, so maybe it would work with the patch gunk too.  I got so tired of picking that stuff off, I just left it and let it wear off.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageschoolsoutbride:
    Oil. 

Yep, that is the only thing that worked for me.  I used baby oil.

ETA:  I used a cotton pad to apply it and then let it sit for about two minutes.  Then use your finger to rub it around and the adhesive should start to ball up and come off.  Good luck!

Dx with severe endometriosis. DS#1 conceived with Met and TI. TTC#2 for 2.5 yrs. Dx 2nd IF. 4 clomid cycles, 2 IUIs, Finally IVF#1 w/ICSI worked for us! twins born 35w3d. Unexpected total hysterectomy 6/11. Now on the HRT train.

• Options

I always used baby oil. Came off pretty easily that way.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"