Postpartum Depression
Options

PPD before baby is born??

Is it possible to have PPD symptoms before baby is born.  I have never been diagnosed with depression or anything ever.

My should be 5 year old DD drowned three years ago and I never saw a counselor or anything never took anxiety meds, the only thing I took was Ambien to help me sleep.

Well since the third tri has started I am already irrationally scared of everything that could, is, possibly going to take my LO from me if he gets here at all......Add to that the guilt from having a new baby after losing my first...

I only have two weeks till my scheduled CS,  I am always upset about something, DH not doing anything around the house, or not caring that I need help.  SD 7 being annoying and not helping at all, being whiney and clingy and acting babyfied which she has never done (we have 100 custody)

I am so focused on this little boy but I am so scared and I am weepy all the time and honestly am happier alone that with anyone.  I really just want to sleep, though that could be the late pregnancy.

ANyways I am afraid I am going to have PPD but i know no warning signs.  I don't want to hurt myself, god knows I don't want anything to ever happen to my baby but sometimes I am so upset I just want to leave and have my own family with DS b/c I can't handle DH and SD and all that they entale.. I love them so much.  I have never thought these things and I don't want them to get worse. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PPD before baby is born??

• Options

Like PP, I am so, so sorry about your DD.  I cannot imagine either, it is heartbreaking what you have been through.  I think for sure you would have worries leading up to the birth of your son. 

That being said, I think there probably could be something done to help you out so you don't feel as anxious and scared.  And for sure you will have to handle the issues with DH and SD.  

I had a really hard time during my pregnancy with anxiety and depression, and I talked to my doctor, and she helped so much.  With it being so close to the birth of your son, you will probably have more choices as to medication and things like that if it was determined that you needed them.   

This must be really hard on your whole family, they may be feeling a lot of what you are and just don't know how to deal with it.  Perhaps looking into talking to someone with your DH would help? You are dealing which such conflicting feelings with the joy of DS, the sorrow you are feeling for DD, and the worry for DS too. It would probably help to get that all sorted out, and maybe someone would be able to help you sort out SD's behavior, since I am sure this is pretty overwhelming for her too.

Bottom line is, it is for sure worth talking to your doctor about.  Better to get these feelings under control now, ya know? Talking out all of this may help you a lot. I wish you the best, and I am sending T&Ps to you and your family.   

• Options

My SIL started meds before giving birth, my best friend the minute the baby got here. The biggest thing is that you have been through so much and even though you never sought any kind of help for it, it sounds like in order to move forward and to be healthy for your LO now is the time to find some help. Talk to your Doctor, find a counsler. Getting this plan of action set up and in place is just as important as your birth plan. My heart goes out to you for your lost, I can't imagine, what that is like? Also your SD needs you and it's normal for sibblings to have issues, maybe check into a sibbling class. Try to include her as much as possible and make it about her becoming a big sister and giving her a little owner ship, it may make a world of diffrence!

I never realized what PPD really was and that I suffered from in until after my 2nd son was born! It was so diffrent and so much better then our 1st! (that sounds horrible but I was a mess! I knew nothing different!?) It was only by the Grace of God that we made it. I did alot of crying and alot of praying! It is great that you are aware of what you are feeling and that you can do something now to correct it! Good luck! I will be thinking and praying for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"