12 Weeks Pregnant

Where do I get energy to work out?

I am currently 12 weeks, and i know that i should be doing something to keep myself active. I have no energy at all!! To me its so frustrating because i was one of those people that was always on the go and could not stand to sit around. Total opposite now. :( Any suggestions for me?

Re: Where do I get energy to work out?

• I have been feeling the same way! During the first two months I was so sick and so tired all the time that I never could get myself to work out. I recently got back into it. I suggest start slowly with some prenatal yoga. It was relaxing yet helpful to get my body moving again. Once I felt a little better I started doing a great workout from Gaiam hosted by Summer Sanders. They have full length (1 hour) and express (half hour) versions of workouts for each trimester. I started by doing the express which was all I could handle at this point but it felt good. Plus Summer and her co-host weren't annoying. Ease back into it and you will get back to where you were. I felt the same way but once I got back into it, I have been a lot better. Of course there's days where there is no way I am doing anything, but anything is better than doing nothing! Good luck!
  • Yeah, I'm exactly where you are. I'm 12 weeks along and barely can muster enough energy to get all the cleaning I planned for this week (big announcement party this weekend, so its necessary). I poop out and have to take a ton of breaks. I just can't get my buns in gear to do anything... extra. I'm thinking (hoping, wishing, praying) as I move further into my second trimester my energy levels will pick up, but also PLAN to schedule prenatal yoga. Like the other woman said, start slow. I force myself to use the stairs; I force myself to walk my dog mid-day (my honey does it morning and night); ANYWHERE I can get some extra action in I TRY to take it. When I get tired... I sit down. This is all, of course, recent. Before now, I have had all day nausea and fatigue, so as soon as I felt a change I got up. You will just have to wait for your moments and seize the opportunity.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • When I just CAN'T do my usual workout, I've been at least going for a long walk. That way I never feel like I've done absolutely nothing, and usually it inspires me to at least jog a bit in the process so I'm getting some cardio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was running 3-6 miles 4 times a week before I found out I was pregnant.  Now I can barely get motivation to walk up the stairs!  To get out, I FORCE myself to go for a walk (typically making my DH come with me!) every day at least 3-4 miles.  It actually makes me feel better and a little more energized and the fresh air is great!  I figure any little activity helps!
  • I have been having difficulty find the time and engery to work out.  I go to school full time to earn my accountancy degree and with school two night a week and a heavy study schedule, I haven't been able to find five minutes to do anything.  On top of it I work full time too so needless to say, I am having a great deal of diffuculty getting exercise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Try walking! I work at a high work job, so .. I get plenty of work out at work xD But try to get in at least a 30 minute walk , normally before eatting. Then your tummy won't hurt so bad after eatting/wont feel sick later on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for posting this, I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. I was training for a half marathon when I first found out, which I ran at 7 weeks, and I have not touched my running shoes since. I also used to walk a couple miles a day at work (I work in a large facility where it was a 1/4 mile each way between my office and the office with the printer and my mailbox, and a 1/2 mile to the parking lot!) but now I'm in an office building where everything is down the hall.

It seems like I have more energy in the morning, so I try to tidy up the kitchen and living room before I leave for work so at least that's one less thing to do later. I still never feel like going for a walk after I get home, so I might start going to a local park at lunch to do a few laps around the pond. If the weather is nice I can get a few coworkers to go with me and hold me accountable!

• I wake up early in the morning to do it, this way it helps with my naseau as well.  I stay pretty energized until around 6, then I need my husbands help with fixing dinner and tidying up the house.  It's been working for me so far!
  • I totally understand. I'm 12 weeks and fatigue is wearing me out. Luckily, my co-workers and I were working out on our lunch breaks prior to me finding out I was preggo. We have an AWESOME Rec Center at my job. At least 40% of my office goes on the regular. It's hard to say no when everyone has their gym bags and are like, "Come on girl! We're headed to the gym!" They keep me pepped up. But if I had to wake up early to workout, wait until I got back home from work, travel to a gym somewhere OR rely onmy own motivation.......it would never get done. I completely collapse into bed when I get home from work at 5 and pretty much sleep until at least 10pm. Get a partner if possible. Your partnet, a sister, a cousin, a friend......someone to help motivate you. If they pop up at your house with their gym clothes on and say "Alright. Let's go for this walk", you'll go.
  • I completely understand what you're going through. My energy level comes and goes. I have found that going for a walk feels good and is easier on me than actually working out. It helps to include another activity into the walk; go shopping or meeting a friend to catch up a take a walk to wherever you are having lunch or dinner makes the time go by and the walk less strenuous.

Good luck!! 

www.BabyHallBlog.com

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• I'm just starting to get back to the gym after 12 weeks if maybe making it once a week if that. I was running regularly before pregnancy, finished my first half and ran a 5k at around 6 weeks but nausea and being wiped out took over. I have a 3 year too which has been challenging. My advise is to take it easy on the cardio and if you're gonna do something, try kettlebells or something where you are gonna tone up, build strength and get more bang for your buck.
  • Oh my gosh I think my husband is sick of hearing me say how much I have no energy to workout! I am in the same boat and glad you ladies posted cause I was starting to feel crazy! I have been trying to at least muster up working out 2times a week, which doesn't happen sometimes: I ran a good 3 days a week before now I feel like I can't even do daily chores without being exhausted! I am 12 weeks and friends say I have a bump I say it's a not working out bump :D
  • It has been tough, but I have been able to kind of force myself to do it. Then I crash at about 3 in the afternoon Haha, but I usually catch a second wind that will get me through the next hours till I can finally stop. But on the days that I am really tired, I will skip the gym.
  • I also think during the work week, if you've got to sleep, SLEEP.  Even when you're not pregnant, they say getting enough sleep is more important than exercising (obviously within reason, I'm not telling y'all to never exercise)... just don't beat yourself up.  You'll get more energy soon (I swear) and this may even just be an off week! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"