January 2012 Moms
Options

The pad post reminded me of this: post-partum supplies

For all of you FTM, don't forget these things for yourself for after baby is born:

Tucks medicated pads or hemi cream, or both. Trust me.

Heavy duty pads with wings, and pantyliners for after you don't need the heavy duty pads.

Ice packs.

Also, my hospital gives out a little travel-sized bottle with a dish soap-like top that you fill with water and use to wipe yourself after a bowel movement for the first few days, like a mini-bidet. These things are SO NECESSARY, I can't stress it enough. I don't know if they're standard issue everywhere, but I'm telling you...godsend. (edited to add pic) image

Underwear you don't care about ruining.

Cambria, Keira, and Bonnie Quinn
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: The pad post reminded me of this: post-partum supplies

• Options

I know that everybody experiences post-partum differently, so take this with a grain of salt.

I never once used anything down there other then 1) depends for the first few days and 2) regular always infinity with wings until I was able to use pantyliners.  Never used an ice pack, tucks (I have no idea what these actually are) or witch hazel or anything else.  I also had a second degree tear, but I just didn't need to extra I guess?

My hospital also gives out peri-bottles and the are awesome.  Definately better then using toilet paper for the first few days!

I brought underwear and didn't leak on anything.  Not saying that won't happen this time, but just because you bring it, won't mean it's automatically ruined!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

oh, I'm adding to this!

Dermoplast.  My hospital had that for me for DD and with how bad I ripped it was a godsend.  I brought the bottle home and then sent DH out for another bottle.

Stool Softener.  I was terrified to poop after DD and that was quite helpful.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerevolution_breeze:

oh, I'm adding to this!

Dermoplast.  My hospital had that for me for DD and with how bad I ripped it was a godsend.  I brought the bottle home and then sent DH out for another bottle.

Stool Softener.  I was terrified to poop after DD and that was quite helpful.

Good addition. I was also terrified to poop (4th degree tear here) but took the stool softener religiously and it made all the difference in the world. Luckily for me, my body waited a week pp before making a bowel movement too. Thank goodness!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was told to get some black undies.  Appreciate the other suggestions.  Would rather have stuff and not need it then send DH out for this type of stuff (just my personal preference!). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also like(d) epsom salt for baths... although I think some drs don't want you to take a bath. I also got raw from the pads rubbing where my leg meets the nether regions and used desitin diaper rash cream on it. It helped a lot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedhviel:

I know that everybody experiences post-partum differently, so take this with a grain of salt.

I never once used anything down there other then 1) depends for the first few days and 2) regular always infinity with wings until I was able to use pantyliners.  Never used an ice pack, tucks (I have no idea what these actually are) or witch hazel or anything else.  I also had a second degree tear, but I just didn't need to extra I guess?

My hospital also gives out peri-bottles and the are awesome.  Definately better then using toilet paper for the first few days!

I brought underwear and didn't leak on anything.  Not saying that won't happen this time, but just because you bring it, won't mean it's automatically ruined!

Yeah, my two births were very different from each other. I didn't have any problems with hemorrhoids after #2, but they were terrible after #1. I had really heavy bleeding both times and definitely ruined a few pairs of underwear!

Cambria, Keira, and Bonnie Quinn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Thank you ladies for all your helpful reminders!!!

It's nice to hear from those who have actually been through it, rather than trying to pack & prepare from some random list from Google :)

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"