C-sections

2nd C-Section

My doc scheduled my c-section with LO #2. We are super excited because we have a date, but now I'm nervous for the pain. is it harder to recover from a second c-section? Also, what are must have's for the hospital....things you wish you should have brought? What should I bring to keep me busy for 4 days in the hospital?

Re: 2nd C-Section

• My 2nd c/s was much easier than my first!  I think more or less due to knowing what to expect and I wasn't near as nervous.  I spent 7 days in the hospital due to spinal headaches though, so I was pretty pre-occupied.  I don't really have any suggestions on what to bring.  It's hard not to overdo it when you have a little one already, so just take it easy, recovery depends on you so take care of yourself!  Congratulations on your little one, best of luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My rcs was a breeze (first cs was awful)! I was in the hospital for 2 days and taking care of DD and BFing was enough to keep me pleanty busy. Maybe bring a magazine or something in case you end up with some down time but I wouldn't worry about bringing a whole lot for entertainment. Here are the things I was happy to have: my own pillow, chapstick, hair dryer, boppy pillow, nipple cream, nursing tanks, yoga pants, fuzzy socks with those no slip grip things on the bottom. I am not a fan of binders but some people love them and swear by them for recovery so that is the only other thing I'd bring, if you plan to use one. Good luck to you! My rcs was a great experience and I hope yours is too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my 2nd was so much easier than my first--not sure if it was because i knew what to expect or because i got out of bed much quicker the 2nd time, my overall recovery was faster and i had a toddler to run after this time!  i didn't have time to do anything except BF and just soak up DS between visits from the grandparents and DD.  hope yours is just as easy, good luck!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • My second c-section was a breeze! First one not so good! I think that was just because I labored so long before I gave into it. Second one we picked the date and that was it! Awesome!!!!

I slept as much as possible with any down time I had between visitors and BFeeding.

I was only in the hospital about a day and a half because I husband activated for active duty the day #2 came so we had to get out and get daddy off to Kuwait.

So enjoy your time, it?s crazy with a little one at home as hard as it is make sure you don?t over due it. You?ll figure out your limits real quick! Good Luck! Enjoy that new baby!!!!

• My c-section recovery was pretty much the same as the first (super easy).  I took my pain meds a little longer than the first time because I didn't have as much time to rest as I did the first time.  DS1 was 17mo and kept me on my feet more than I should've been.

Must haves for the hospital?  For me, my own pillow, hospital gowns (I have three of my own that I bought prior to DS1's birth and I LOVED having them), bathrobe, slippers, make up, toiletries.  Hospital provides lanolin but I'm bringing my own this time.  Sweatpants, t-shirt and flip flops for going home.

To keep you busy?  Baby will be plenty.  I always brought books, magazine, etc and never touched them.  Between feedings, resting, walking the halls, and visitors I didn't have time for anything else. I'll bring my ipad this time just to email and FB.

GL!  In my experience the pain isn't bad at all! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"