Central Florida Babies
Options

Future new mom questions...

Hi All,

I am due May 17. We are having our 1st--little boy!

Of course, I have many questions.

--Recommendations on a baby furniture store in Orlando, other than Babies R Us?

--Any other places I should register, other than Babies R Us and Target?

--Does Waterford Lakes/East Orlando area have a mommies board? This board seems very quiet. I'm wondering if there is another board I can go to specifically for my area.

Thanks All!!

We are expecting our 1st child! Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

Re: Future new mom questions...

• Options

This board is really quiet because the Bump doesn't list it as one of their national city boards. I wish they would.  There is definitely not a board for that specific of a location.  

Personally, I think you only need to register at Babies R Us but if I had to choose one other retailer, I'd choose amazon.com. 

You could try Cribs 4 Life in Altamonte. They're a little pricey.  We bought our crib from Walmart.  

Congratulations on your pregnancy.   

• Options

Amazon and Pottery Barn Kids are two great places for registries.  

This is the only central FL board.  The tri boards are great and a lot more active. 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Future Mommies,

Well I am from Central Florida and we have a house there however, my boyfriend and I are currently working overseas. Initially, I registered on BabiesRUs but then discovered that many of the items that were on BabiesRUs are also on the Wal-Mart website for much cheaper. So I took a lot of the things off of the BabiesRUs and made a registry at Wal-Mart as well. So, I recommend Wally World. As much as I love Target, I have a hard time with their website. It frequently gives me errors and is not work my time. However, they have very cute and inexpensive baby clothes so definitely check out their clearance! I hope this helps!

I am excited to visit home in March (will be 25 weeks) and see my family. Can't wait to enjoy some warmer weather! Good luck to all the Mommies!

• Options
    I'm also in East Orlando, due with our little boy Feb. 7th but I have a feeling he'll be here sooner! We registered at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby.  The closest one is in Brandon, they are all over South Florida which is where my baby shower and family is.  Buy Buy Baby is amazing, if you can get to the store go for it, if not online is great to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks!! I have heard great things about Buy Buy Baby as well. My parents live in S.FL so I will be heading down there shortly to register.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!! =)

• Options

First, congratulations!

We looked at a few different furniture stores in Tampa, but ended up with furniture from BRU.

We only registered at Target and BRU, but you could register at Pottery Barn Kids or amazon.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi Future Mom's,

Recommendation: We ended up registering at BuyBuy Baby this weekend in South Florida. We registered with their free personnel shopper that takes you around the store with them. I highly recommend it for any first time parents who have no clue what you need for a baby, what to register for, etc. It is worth the drive if you can get down there--or go to the one near Tampa. It really helped us out and are less confused now. I think the knowledge that we learned will really help us with registering now at BRU--who doesn't have a personnel shopper (from my understanding).

Good news--> BuyBuy Baby is coming to Altamonte Springs this summer!! I don't know exactly where yet--but this is what they informed me!! whoohoo  

• Options
    i got good name brand stuff on sale at k mart
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary > image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"