Houston Babies

scheduled c-section

If you've had a non scheduled c-section and a scheduled one, were they about the same as far as anesthesia, ivs, catheter, etc?

DS1 was a c-section due to lack of dilation, so DS2 is going to be scheduled. Just wondering whether to expect anything different. With DS1, I was hooked up to the iv and catheter and confined to the bed for 24 hours post-op which I assumed was the norm. I don't remember at which point they took the epi out.

TIA!

Re: scheduled c-section

• It should be the same, you will just have a scheduled time for your C Sec.  You will still have an IV and you will get an epidural. You will also get a foley once your epidural is placed.  I would think you would have the same recovery you did for your previous C section.  Where I delivered they took the epidural out right after the C section.  Right before they pulled it they gave me a 24 hour pain med called Duramorph.  I was confined to the bed for about 20-24 hours.  They pulled my foley, I peed and then they pulled my IV right at 24 hours after the C Section.  

I would expect the same thing as your previous C Section.  Nothing changes except the fact you will not be induced or labor and it will be a scheduled time.  Good Luck!

• A scheduled c-section is the most laid back, easy going procedure that happens in L&D. You show up usually 2 hours before your scheduled time. You gown up, remove jewelry, they attach fetal monitors. Then IV/blood draw, history and physical, additional prep (put on EKG leads, DVT prophylaxis boots, shave you if needed and finish up paper work). If you get a spinal, you can walk to the OR usually and then they do the spinal (which you receive Duramorph through just like the epi), put in the Foley, prep your belly and get started. Suuuuper easy. Yes, you still have to be in bed approx 12-24 hours. Usually easier on the body too because you didn't labor all day. :)

Good luck! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info. I figured it was the same, but wanted to double check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"