Health & Exercise

Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred

Anyone doing this DVD?  I started a week ago and it's kicking my ass!  Would love to hear some success stories, or just hear about your experiences! THANKS
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred

• Love it lol. I also incorporate ripped in 30 just to prevent workout boredom. I started 30day shred dec 1 and by doing it 6 days a week, alternating level 2and 3 each day I have noticable change in size, I don't weigh myself by my clothes are looser. 
  • I've been eyeing this, but I haven't actually purchased it yet. I'm thinking about trying it after LO gets here and I've been given the OK. What type of regimen is it? Is the same workout for 30 days or is it a series of different workouts? I do have one of her other videos though. I can't think of the name of it, but it's something about fat burning and it's pretty good. It's different intervals working different body parts and some of those sets are really challenging. I did it regularly before I got KU. I highly recommend it.
  • Loading the player...
  • There are 3 levels and each is intervals of 3 min strength 2 min cardio 1 min abs. Using hand weights. You just work your way into each level, it's great since its 25 minutes or so. 
  • I used it last year combined with running stairs and saw good results!

Unfortunately, I had a running injury just before the hoilidays - so I'm starting over.

:-P

• I would recommend it.  I did it after #1 to get ready for my sisters wedding and it really changed my body shape and I felt great.  I stopped doing it after the wedding and it's too strenous if your pregnant.  I just started it again this week to get ready for a cruise in 2 months.  I'm sitting here very sore today, which I take as a good sign.  It's also great since it's 23.5 minutes start to finish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm doing it now and so far I like it. There's definitely an element of workout boredom though. I wish she had more than one exercise for each level to change things up a bit.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am doing it now. I actually go back and forth with it due to the boredom. Someone on another board recommend doing it every other day and on my off days do a yoga or something and that is what I am going to start doing. It is awesome for a full body workout. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesaraboston:
    I'm doing it now and so far I like it. There's definitely an element of workout boredom though. I wish she had more than one exercise for each level to change things up a bit.

I tried it before my wedding and quickly decided to just stick with my gym going.  I'm not a DVD workout kinda gal.  I know it will be harder when LO is here, but DH is a firefighter so while he works 24hr shifts, he is home a lot of days too so we will figure it out

• I have the DVD and did a few times last year while trying to get back into shape after a surgery left me sedentary for a few months.  The workouts seriously kicked my butt too even though I was pretty used to hard workouts at the time. 

I did get bored with the same thing over and over after a while though.  I don't know that I could do one of those workouts every day for 30 days without loosing my mind.  I'm due any day now and as soon as I'm given the go ahead this will be put into my workout DVD rotation maybe 1-2 days a week.  I also have some pilates DVDs and know some body pump routines so those should help to break the monotony.

• I started the Ripped in 30 - last saturday and I have done it 4 times.  I have been pretty sore, but each day it gets a bit better.  I have to admit that it is getting a little bit boring- but you only have to do each work out for one week, then there is a different one.  Also the work outs are only 20-25 minutes long so I find I can just push through it.   The work out is very challenging... I don't know if I am seeing results yet, but I feel like my posture has improved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"