Connecticut Babies

Need advice.. about in laws

I have a very very selfish sister in law...I have tried over the years to ignore her selfishness and spark a relationship...however, over the past year things for me went down hill..to say the least, I can't stand her.

She is always calling my husband to bring the baby here and bring the baby there.. (she doesn't have kids of her own).. She has a strange relationship with her husband and doesn't understand that we enjoy our weekends together.. my husband, daughter and myself....

Lately, she has been really bugging me, calling me, emailing me.. I've given her the cold shoulder when she calls, half the time I dont pick up or return her calls, I barely return her emails and when I do I am short and frank and tell her that we are just too busy to see you, mainly becuase I can't stand her.. it's not like I keep the baby from her, my husband brings the baby to see her...

It's almost like she doesn't get the friggin hint.. that I can't stand her.. and she tries to force herself upon me...I dont want to have any type of relationship with her other than saying hi, how are you at holidays.....

She wont leave me alone!

How do I handle this??

Re: Need advice.. about in laws

• hi! 

its funny because this sounds similar to my sister in law! looks like, unfortunately, there are a lot of them out there! although i dont like my SIL, and you clearly dont like your either, it seems like she is trying to make a relationship with her niece. Why dont you try planning something where they can see eachother? This way you can please her, but also have enough time to spend with your family. Maybe a once a month thing? Give it some thought:) 

Good luck!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know how you feel but instead its with my mother-in-law. She shows up unannounced, calls all the time that she wants me to bring the baby out and makes comments about me spending time with my sister, and her watching him. I am not working right now so there is no need for her to babysit, and I told her my sister is the only female family member I have here. We too like to spend our weekends alone as a family and her and my father in law both just show up at my house. My LO's father works long days so he has told them several times that we want space so he can hang out with our son. They could at least call before showing up.

If I dont answer the door she will call when she gets home or will sit in my driveway and call thinking I will answer my phone. I have never been a big fan of her, she is very pushy and thinks that she does no wrong. I am sorry that you are going through that with your sister in law I hope she will get the hint. Unfortunately my mother in law has not yet. Just dont stress over it and be firm with her. Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"