Health & Exercise
Options

Best running shoes?

Hey there! My DD is 4 months old and I have been slack about getting back into shape. It is time I start getting my act together. I would like to start C25K. Any one have any suggestions on running shoes?

Thanks! 

Re: Best running shoes?

• Options
    The best running shoes are the ones that work with your gait and stride - whether you're a neutral runner, you pronate, supinate, etc. I'd recommend going to a local running store and getting professionally fitted for shoes. They may cost a little more, but it's worth it if it will prevent injuries.
  • Options

imagecarlab44:
    The best running shoes are the ones that work with your gait and stride - whether you're a neutral runner, you pronate, supinate, etc. I'd recommend going to a local running store and getting professionally fitted for shoes. They may cost a little more, but it's worth it if it will prevent injuries.

Definitely this. Here's the "store finder" link from Runner's World's website:

https://www.runnersworld.com/store/search/1,7978,s6-549-558-0-0,00.html

I do have to warn you. It's not the most up-to-date, but if you live near or in a big city, you'll come up with something. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I had to do some more research to find my "local" (90 miles away) running store.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i agree w/ OPs, get fitted!
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

imagecarlab44:

Absolutely. You want to go to a store that will let you run in the shoes before you buy them. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Another person here to tell you to get fitted at your local running store!
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I love ascis gel nimbus, but the years/models are all slightly different as well. Definitely good idea to go to a running store to get fitted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely go to a running specialty store and get fitted by the people there.  Lots of times they will have you run either outside or on a treadmill there to see how they fit. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecarlab44:

I DEFINITELY agree with this, but I'll add that I, for one, am completely in love with my Vibram 5 Fingers. They totally changed the way I look at running :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"