Attachment Parenting
Options

Did your LO love the carrier right away?

We have a babyhawk mei tei that I really want to use, but LO doesn't seem so sure. When I put her in it, she'll fuss for a bit (10 min or so, not really crying - just grumpy) and then she'll calm down. 

Will she get used to it in time? Did your LOs love the carrier immediately or did they have to get accustomed? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did your LO love the carrier right away?

• Options
    Mine did, but he's the poster child for carriers. When he's not in a carrier his favorite position is to be held chest to chest and bounced. Since that's how all my carriers position him he's always been happy as a clam. He doesn't like being cradled, so if I had used carriers that held him in that position he probably would have fussed considerably. Maybe for your baby the babyhawk isn't her ideal holding position?
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's pretty normal for a lot of babies.  Have you tried walking around with her?  That often helps babies settle.  If you are frogging her legs you can also try cinching the bottom with a ribbon and wearing her legs out instead (may also need to roll the bottom up to make it shorter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD hated all of her carriers (Moby, Infantino, Ring Sling) until she was about a month old. Now she loves them.
  • Options
    He loved it - if I was moving. Definitely try it while walking, not sitting.
  • Options
    We used a BH as our first, too, but DS was prem and we'd spent two months kangaroo'ing every day so - think that helped ;) I've heard lots of babies take some getting used to it so don't give up! I had a Moby on hand, too.
  • Options
    I tried the Moby when she was 6 days old and it was "LOVE at first wrap" for both of us. I swear she relaxes as soon as she sees me wrapping the moby around my body.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

No. And he only likes it if I am walking. I am so jealous of moms who say they work on the computer or do dishes with LO on. At most I do diapers (walking back and forth from washing machine to drying rack). My husband does vacuuming with baby.

He doesn't like getting in (we have an Ergo) but once he is in and we are walking around it really helps to relax him. And it gives my arms a break so a little fussing in the beginning is acceptable.

• Options
    I've had my daughter in the Moby pretty much since we came home. It's always worked out great. There are some days where I need the free hands and well she just isn't having it. For the most part she has always been perfectly happy in it though!!
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    We had awesome luck with the moby at about one week old and he loves the sling too but for both I have to keep moving. The only time he'll just hang out is when his nap coincides with my lunches with friends. Then he's out like a light.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"