Breastfeeding
Options

Another pumping ?

So, I have to start thinking about what I am going to do when I go back to work... DD is 8 weeks today and I go back when she is 3 months... Problem is that I am not pumping enough for one bottle when I pump. DD is eating around 4 oz. of BM for each feeding and I am only making about 2-3oz. combined!!! Even when I skip a feeding and pump (DH gives her a bottle) I will only get 3 oz. tops! How am I supposed to save enough milk for when I go back to work if I am not making enough? I know that she eats more than I can pump, but if I can't pump and I have to go back to work, than what? She will probably need about 4-5 bottles while I am at work and I will only be able to pump about 2-3 times while I am working... which will probably only give me one and a half bottles?!? ughhh... What do I do?

Re: Another pumping ?

• Options
    is she *really* needing to eat 4 oz? Have you tried giving her less?  My DD would guzzle whatever was in a bottle, and usually spit some back up. When I'd offer less in a bottle she still seemed happy enough.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

try workandpump.com....  I wish I would have known about this site before I went back to work.... would have saved alot of time and heartache.

FWIW, remember you may not get a whole bottle per session, but if you save an oz here and there it will add up.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, I couldn't keep up with DD. I spent many hours feeling like a bad mom and crying because I couldn't give DD only bm but eventually I came to realize that all I can do is what my body will let me. Now I pump enough for 1-2 of DD's bottles but the rest is formula. Some people are lucky and have a great supply others aren't.

Also you can try some things to increase your supply like fenugreek, mothers milk tea, more milk plus special blend, oatmeal, lots of water, some people say dark beer, also there are rx's.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"