Austin Babies

First PP period

i guess i thought i'd be off the hook for 6 months or so while EBF'ing the kid, but to my dismay, AF showed up today. i've read some accounts that the first one is just a blip on the radar, and then it can go away for months again. but the second one is the mother of all periods. any truth to that?

Re: First PP period

• I think it just varies. With DD, mine came back at 12 weeks and were normal and regular from the get-go. With DS (which also came back at 12 weeks), the first one was light and the second was much heavier, but not abnormally so.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I think it's variable by person. Mine didn't come back til 13 months PP (don't hate me), but they were all the same--heavier than they'd been before I had a baby, but also shorter.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it varies by person too.  With DS, my first pp period had me in the fetal position on the floor.  With DD, it was no big deal.  Good luck and I hope that it isn't that bad for you!  
  • With DS, I don't think it was a huge deal.  Lots of cramping and heavier than normal, but then the second one was fine and even shorter than pre-kids.  After DD, I too, was in the fetal position on the floor, thinking I was dying.  It was monumentally horrid AND I was on vacation with DH's family.  Awesomesauce.  I felt like I was hit by a truck or had the flu and appendicitis together or something.  The next one was pretty much normal.

They have ultimately gotten lighter and shorter after kids though, so there's that.

• That describes mine perfectly.  I freaked out when I got my second PP period. 
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i'm glad to hear that there's a possibility for them to be shorter than pre-baby. 7 days always felt like foreeever. 

today's is so far, so good. not bad cramping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"