Breastfeeding
Options

RP from 0-6: Pumping questions-

This is my second week back to work.  I work Sun-Wed for now and Thurs at home.  I had a decent sized stash in the freezer before returning to work but DS has already gone through all of it.  I have nothing in the freezer and the sitter has a few bags of milk including what I pumped yesterday.  Basically DS is starting to eat more and I am pumping more than usual but I'm starting to really stress out that I'm not going to be able to pump enough.  When you pump at work, is it strictly for DC for the next day or do you freeze some of it?  Do you still pump on your days off?  I'm just really worried I'm going to get a call at work one of these days from the sitter saying I need to come feed my baby because there is no milk left.  TIA.

Re: RP from 0-6: Pumping questions-

• Options
    I used all of what I pumped each day for the next day. If I needed/wanted to freeze any I pumped on weekends for that.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemadhatter2003:
    I used all of what I pumped each day for the next day. If I needed/wanted to freeze any I pumped on weekends for that.

What she said.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use every bit of what I pump for the next day. I don't pump on my days off just because it gets to be too stressful.
  • Options

I don't pump enough oz at work to meet her demand.

I built quite a large freezer stash by the time DD was 2 months (40 6-8 oz bags).  I had oversupply for a while and could pump 8-10 oz per session.  Now I can only get 5-6 oz total from 2 pumping sessions.  DD only gets 8 oz while I am at work so I am loosing oz each day.  I pump when she eats solids so I can try to make up those oz but I figure when she is 10 months DD will have to supplement those additional oz with formula :(

• Options
    I use everything the next day.  I built up a decent freezer stash and have kept it decent by occasionally pumping on weekends, in the evenings or by adding an extra pumping session at work for a week.  By occassionally I mean whenever I notice my freezer stash is really low Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"