2nd Trimester
Options

slight panic

To start off, this is my first child. My husband and I have been caught up in a lot of unfortunate-ness, with his job and other painful life happenings. So, I've only been able to go to one pre-natal appointment. I am trying to switch hospitals and things are dragging with our insurance, I heard that some places (i'm planning on doing a mid-wife through the hospital) won't take you after not being seen for a certain amount of time. i'll be 13 weeks this coming sunday, I plan to try and get an appointment set up on Monday. Does anyone know if i'm already too late? pregnant and panicking

Re: slight panic

• Options
    I can't really say because I'm Canadian so I think this would be one of the differences in health care, but I'm guessing that you're not too late. You're only 13 weeks and I think most people would have only had one, maybe 2 prenatal appointments by that point, so you haven't missed that much. Take a deep breath! Good luck
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    actually my doctor wouldn't even see me until after 10 weeks, no real need to. if you have a hospital that is in your insurance coverage area you should be fine to go in. Also you could at least begin your prenatal visits and then switch to another clinic later and they will transfer your records. unless there's something wrong with your baby, which is unlikely, your first 4 appts are in and out. they do urine, blood pressure, and heart beat check. that's about it. even now, my next appt is for my glucose test and it will still be a quick check. good luck with everything!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 12 weeks most people have only had 1 appt. I wouldn't worry. Big Smile
  • Options
    I had my first prenatal at 8 weeks and my second at 12, and finally the 3rd at 15. I don't think you're too late. People go at different times. My SIL didn't go until her 20 week. She got yelled at by the doc, but she's covered and everything is going fine. :) Good luck dear, don't panic too much it'll raise your blood pressure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thank you so much for your words. i feel more calm.
  • Options
    thank you so much. i feel much more at ease, i will hopefully be getting in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    I was 13 weeks and some change when I went to my first ob appointment and my second yesterday at 17 weeks.
  • Options

From my understanding, most people in the US will have only had one visit by the time they are 13 weeks.

That being said, my advice would be to call the practice that you want to book with and ask their policy and, if necessary, book an appointment.  That way, when you do get everything set up, you will already have your appointment scheduled.

ETA: Plus, if you call and find out their policy and they say that you do need another appointment before your insurance is finalized, you will know and can be prepared to pay out-of-pocket.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would hope there are not any doctors who would refuse a patient because they hadn't had enough prenantal care.  Hopefully they would want to see you right away so you could get as much prenatal care as possible.  At this point, you haven't missed any important test.  If you want a nuchal translucency (not required, test for Down's Syndrome and other trisomy's) It has to be done by 13 weeks 6 days but many women opt out.
    CafeMom Tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemeg193:
    I would hope there are not any doctors who would refuse a patient because they hadn't had enough prenantal care.  Hopefully they would want to see you right away so you could get as much prenatal care as possible.

THIS!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"