Illinois Babies
Options

commuting into the city for birth

How reasonable do you think it is to live in Naperville and come into the city for the birth?  We're moving out to Naperville this summer and due in August.  I'm balking at the idea of finding a new doctor.  I'll be having a scheduled c-section due to previous c-section/surgeries.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: commuting into the city for birth

• Options

I commuted from Downers Grove in June.  We moved from the city while I was pregnant with my second.  I didn't want to switch  My husband was nervous about it, but it all worked out.  My water broke but I wasn't having timable contractions.  We were able to take our time getting into the city. 

With a scheduled C-Section, I think you would be totally fine.

DS 4/1/2009, Expecting #2 6/2/2011
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine. I live in New Lenox but had my baby at Prentice. My husband was also nervous about it but we made it...of course as soon as I was taken into a room I was checked and was fully dialated...but we still made it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally doable. We live in the NW suburbs and had our twins @Prentice. I always went to NWern when I lived in the city and then we wanted to be at the highest level hospital, in case they needed the NICU. I had a CS, but it wasn't scheduled, and we made it from my DRs. Office in north brook @ 3cm, back home to pack, and downtown in early evening rush traffic by the time I was 5cm, in December. In August, you should be golden. GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Totally reasonable. I recently moved to Oak Park, work in Downers Grove and stayed with my city OB and delivered at Prentice. I had to have a scheduled c-section due having a severe case of cholestasis, but just in case I had an emergency before that date, I knew which hospitals by work I would go to.

GL!

• Options
    My cousin did it from Lisle both times, no problem!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"