Austin Babies

Baby's first cold

he ate like a champ at 2am, and then the wailing kicked in. has a very slight fever and the pedi says it looks like viral cold. since he's barely sipping when he does eat (only ate at 9:30 and 11 today), should i pump to remove more milk? he hasn't let me set him down at all today, and in the case i can't pump, how much of a hit will my supply take?

Re: Baby's first cold

• You could pump (I think I have, especially in the morning, if he was sick and ate for crap), but even if you don't and your supply dips, when he's feeling better he'll be back on the boob all the time and your supply will rebound accordingly.

I'm sorry he's sick! 

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Oh no!  I was thinking of y'all today and wondering how he was doing.  I'm so sorry, that really stinks.  :-(  When DS was like this I pumped when DH got home and could take over for a bit.  I hope he starts feeling better soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I say pump when you can, even if its when you are holding him. I had to do that with Sparky a couple times when he was sick and I think it made him a bit jealous, or at least curious. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSarahPLiz:
    I say pump when you can, even if its when you are holding him. I had to do that with Sparky a couple times when he was sick and I think it made him a bit jealous, or at least curious. 

how do you pump with one hand while holding the kid? i have enough trouble not spilling milk everywhere with two free hands! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"