Austin Babies

how much milk does your toddler drink?

M is still drinking 15oz of milk a day - roughly it ends up being a cup with each meal. is that what everyone else with a kid around her age is doing/has done?

Re: how much milk does your toddler drink?

• Morris looooves milk, so I have to be mindful to not give him as much as he wants. He's probably drinking 25 oz a day or so? A full cup when he wakes up, a little with lunch, and then a full cup in the evening.

He would down a lot more if I let him, but then he doesn't eat much if we go down that path.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Will drinks roughly one sippy a day, so probably 6-8 oz. He gets calcium and vitamin D from other sources too though (yogurt, cheese, vitamins, etc) He's actually been asking for water more and more lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • annie has probably 20oz/day.  lily and eve do not drink milk.  they have a yogurt smoothie at breakfast.
  • imageACR:

Morris looooves milk, so I have to be mindful to not give him as much as he wants. He's probably drinking 25 oz a day or so? A full cup when he wakes up, a little with lunch, and then a full cup in the evening.

He would down a lot more if I let him, but then he doesn't eat much if we go down that path.

M loves milk too - I was wondering though since she is getting bigger if we should give her more than 15oz? However she is so picky with eating I don't want her appetite to be destroyed either. Blarg. 

• Around mealtimes, I give 2% rather than whole & just a 1/3 of a glass. That way he feels like he's "winning" when he asks for milk, but it's not too much to interrupt his eating. It's certainly a tricky balance to figure out what works.

• Too much! She loves milk, and she's a picky eater (probably because she has so much milk) so she will sometimes only have milk for a meal. She refuses to eat sometimes and only wants milk. 

Our pedi says to stick to 16oz or under per day..we're over that, but we did switch to skim at 2. 

• She usually has less than 1 sippy a day, she prefers water.  She eats a ton of greek yogurt and cheese, so I'm not concerned about her dairy intake.
  • DD prefers water, so less than 1 sippy a week. We asked her pedi about it and were told that she most likely had an emotional bond with her bottle, rather than enjoying the milk. When we took the bottle away, she didn't miss the milk, but rather the bottle time. We are working on trying to get her back on milk, but it's a losing battle.
  • None.  Not even if I load it with chocolate syrup.  She gets her dairy from cheese and yogurt.

But she loves the Horizon flavored milk boxes.  I guess since its in a box, she doesn't realize its milk.  We call it the Cow Juice.  I only buy it once a month or so because its expensive and I'm cheap.  

• DD drinks coconut milk b/c of her dairy allergy and it's about 16 oz a day.  Pedi said 16 or less is good.  She also eats more than her 5 year old sister so I'm not too worried if she wants more than that.  She's iffy w/ water. Some days she'll drink it. Some days she won't. 
  • DS drinks about 30.  We give him 7 and when he's done with that he usually sings more.  Then we give him an additional 3.  We do that three times a day.  He has a very big appetite and usually grazes a lot during the day in addition to his meals.  Trying to substitute some of the milk for other dairy products is a no go.  He still wants that milk three times a day: once in the am, once at lunch and right before bed.  
  • She won't drink milk, so I nurse twice a day and feed her yogurt and cheese. She usually has a yobaby yogurt and a yobaby smoothie everyday (which is about 10 ounces). She would probably eat more yogurt, but I'm trying to limit it so she will eat other things (she has a tiny appetite). I've also heard that they are supposed to have around 16 oz a day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD loves milk, but knows the difference between, milk, juice and water now.  So she'll ask for either. That said, she usually asks for milk sometimes during the day (I give her about 7 oz.), and then she'll have a cup close to bed time. She drinks mostly water throughout the day with an occasional diluted juice.
  • My son (turned 2 in November) is having 15-16 ounces a day.  

One cup first thing in the a.m. (followed by breakfast half an hour later) and one right after he wakes from his nap in the afternoon.

We just switched from whole to 2% per the Dr's recommendation at his 2 year appt. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"