Baby Showers
Options

Gender reveal party game question

I'm having my guests dress in pink and blue depending on their guess for the baby's sex. I'm trying to come up with a game that they can play so they can be team pink vs. team blue. Any ideas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Gender reveal party game question

• Options
    I went to a gender reveal party last year. I thought it was kind of cheesy even though they were very close friends. The only thing that made it palatable was that it was really just a bunch of my friends hanging out and I enjoyed everyone's company. The couple revealed the gender by putting pink chocolates inside cupcakes and letting us all bite in - no games or anything. Honestly, I would not have enjoyed being told to wear specific clothing or play team games. While I'm sure your friends are very supportive, I don't think other people really care about your baby's sex as much as you do. Maybe you have friends that are totally different from me and my friends, but I just thought I would throw that opinion out there. 
  • Options

I've got to follow on SVAQ.  I like to find out the gender of friends babies.  I do find it exciting.

BUT I'd be really annoyed at being told "wear pink or blue!!!" and then also have to take part in some team activity based on what I wore. 

I don't know how to word this other than to say that while I AM excited to find out the gender, at the same time, it's not THAT important to me to where I need to wear specific clothes and take part in a games based on the gender.

Give me a yummy cupcake w/ the right filling and I'll be thrilled.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinion but I'm just having family, the grandparents and aunts and uncles and they are all very excited.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

imageamber323:
    Thanks for your opinion but I'm just having family, the grandparents and aunts and uncles and they are all very excited.

I had mostly family and a few friends at mines and they were more than excited! They were going at it on fb for team pink or blue, it was awsome Big Smile We did the whole cake thing and when we cut in to in it was blue and the crowd went wild. Not sure of any game ideas but I know your party will be lots of fun, mines sure was!

GL

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Could you do something like Baby Olympics where you do "typical" games, but they either have to do it as a team or individual scores helps out there team total.  I'm thinking Family Feud and have a bunch of top answers where they buzz in against the other team as the main event.  Your last question could be, "The sex of Amber's baby is ____" and then reveal the answer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageamber323:

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it, but... do you really think your uncles and grandfathers own any pink clothes? It seems to me like you'll end up with more blue (especially from the men) because more people own blue clothes, so it would end up being people wearing what they have, not wearing a color based on what they think the sex of your baby is. Maybe you could just have ribbons at the shower that are pink or blue, and people could pin a ribbon on based on their guess instead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had a gender reveal in October and the game we played was individual but everyone kinda played together.  We posted "Old Wives Tales" on our walls and asked people to guess what they predicted.  For instance one was if you were craving sweet food then you are having...?  Then everyone had pink and blue post its and wrote their name on the color of their guess.  Everyone really liked it and got involved in the game. 

The prize was a pink or blue baby bottle filled with baby themed candy. 

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I think you would have more fun if you had blue and pink ribbons for people to choose from when they arrived as opposed to asking them to wear pink or blue clothing. 

If your party will be outside and weather cooperates, I like the idea of Field Day type activites.

But if it's an indoor party only, then some sort of baby trivia (Family Feud style) would be fun.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    Nope. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

imagesfinchWed68665:
    We did the whole cake thing and when we cut in to in it was blue and the crowd went wild. Not sure of any game ideas but I know your party will be lots of fun, mines sure was!

Yeah, this sentiment is strange. If the cake was pink, would the crowd have been silent?

OP- People are excited to find out what you're having, but not everyone likes to think about it for hours. Drawn out gender reveal parties are like those American Idol results shows: there's one thing to find out, but first you have to spend an hour on filler.

I like PP suggestion about the Family Feud, or the Old Wives tales, but dressing up is more planning that your guests shouldn't have to do. A quick game, some cake to reveal, and then enjoy having your family in the same place. Done.

• Options
    Wow.... I feel sorry for your friends....
  • Options
    I've only heard about different coloured icing in cakes/cupcakes, so i'm sorry I can't help out more! GL though!!! The party sounds like it's going to be so much fun! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am replying a little late, but hopefully not too late for suggestions!  I like MelleTX's ideas for field games if outside or trivia games if inside.  You could play pictionary or charades with baby-related words with the teams being "blue" versus "pink".  We did this at DH's and my joint wedding shower playing boys versus girls and it was really fun!  It's also something that everyone (old, young, and pregnant) can participate in because it's not too active.  You could also do a diaper changing relay race, but you would have to make sure that the teams are even.

I am sure you and your guests will have a great time!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow... I feel sorry for everyone you force your negativity on... Why rain on her parade?  If you don't think your friends would like to go to a gender reveal party, don't have one.  Problem solved.
  • Options

I agree with babyrenko. If you like it go for it, play games, have fun. A birth is to be celebrated, not to whine about having to wear a certain color. geesh...

• Options
    i'm extremely late... but wow how RUDE are people! I'm having one and it's my best friends, and my family! You only invite people who care! I don't feel sorry for her friends. I feel sorry  for you for not having loving friends. I hope your party went WELL! Congrats on BABY!
  • Options

Oh wow. Ladies - if it doesn't/wouldn't work for your own experience, it doesn't mean it won't work for others!

I am sure it's too late, but for gals reading this later on, I am throwing a gender reveal party for my sister at the end of this month and first off, know you don't have to entertain people every minute.
    A few ideas I've seen and will be using is setting up a table near the entrance with little lips on sticks or mustaches on sticks for people to carry around and "cast their vote." Also, there will be blue and pink slips of paper there for people to come up with names for the baby to help give ideas to the expecting couple and a bowl there for them to be dropped into.

Also, I'll have lists that guests can fill in the blanks on: I hope baby is never afraid of_____: I hope baby loves______: I hope baby becomes_____: I hope baby learns____: etc.

For drinks, I'll have 2 punches - one pink and one blue. We'll have fruit and veggie trays but also I'm setting up a sign that lists my sister's cravings during this pregnancy and all those foods will be served too!

For games, I'm doing the candy bars melted in the diapers for guests to guess what they are. I'll also be doing the old wives' tales game to see what the gender of the baby MAY be...and then the big reveal of the cake with colored inside.

Here's the big thing: your guests will have as much fun as they can just because it's a big and exciting moment for the expecting parents!

I like this party idea WAY more than finding out because the ultrasound technician points to the screen and says "see that? it means you're having a_______"

I just wish I would have known about these when I was pregnant with my son!

Have fun! Enjoy the party and more importantly, you're little one!

• Options
    imagecameronmomma:

Oh wow. Ladies - if it doesn't/wouldn't work for your own experience, it doesn't mean it won't work for others!

I am sure it's too late, but for gals reading this later on, I am throwing a gender reveal party for my sister at the end of this month and first off, know you don't have to entertain people every minute.
    A few ideas I've seen and will be using is setting up a table near the entrance with little lips on sticks or mustaches on sticks for people to carry around and "cast their vote." Also, there will be blue and pink slips of paper there for people to come up with names for the baby to help give ideas to the expecting couple and a bowl there for them to be dropped into.

Also, I'll have lists that guests can fill in the blanks on: I hope baby is never afraid of_____: I hope baby loves______: I hope baby becomes_____: I hope baby learns____: etc.

For drinks, I'll have 2 punches - one pink and one blue. We'll have fruit and veggie trays but also I'm setting up a sign that lists my sister's cravings during this pregnancy and all those foods will be served too!

For games, I'm doing the candy bars melted in the diapers for guests to guess what they are. I'll also be doing the old wives' tales game to see what the gender of the baby MAY be...and then the big reveal of the cake with colored inside.

Here's the big thing: your guests will have as much fun as they can just because it's a big and exciting moment for the expecting parents!

I like this party idea WAY more than finding out because the ultrasound technician points to the screen and says "see that? it means you're having a_______"

I just wish I would have known about these when I was pregnant with my son!

Have fun! Enjoy the party and more importantly, you're little one!

Sounds like a shower to me.  Have fun  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

Totally understand everyone has their own opinion but she wasn't asking if she should have the party or not, or who wouldn?t like to wear pink vs. blue. Everyone with the negative comments are just ridiculous. I mean if any of my "friends" had a problem wearing pink or blue, or playing certain games, i wouldn?t want them there in the first place. Have a little fun people, or don?t put your negative opinions to ruin someone elses happiness. ANNOYING.

• Options
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

imageamber323:

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it, but... do you really think your uncles and grandfathers own any pink clothes? It seems to me like you'll end up with more blue (especially from the men) because more people own blue clothes, so it would end up being people wearing what they have, not wearing a color based on what they think the sex of your baby is. Maybe you could just have ribbons at the shower that are pink or blue, and people could pin a ribbon on based on their guess instead.

I like this idea!!

• Options

Welcome to TheBump. The place that's full of pregnant women that will cry because they saw a commercial with a baby in it!

You know, the place where it's completely inappropriate to bully a pregnant woman and tell her that all her ideas are stupid.

Gender reveal parties are a great idea, especially for people that have tried to get pregnant for YEARS and are looking forward to enjoying and celebrating every step of the way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"