Breastfeeding
Options

The dreaded 5 month slump...

I am afraid this is happening to me.  The last two days I haven't pumped enough at work. 

So I am popping fenugreek and drinking water like a mad woman.  I hope I don't have to add a pumping session.

Anyone else go through a supply slump and come out of it okay? 

Re: The dreaded 5 month slump...

• Options
    I'm going through the same thing.  I didn't know there was a slump around 5 months.  That makes me feel better.  I'm taking Fenugreek too so hopefully that'll help us.
  • Options
    I think I read about it at workandpump.com  its a really great website for those who work and pump.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep...mine was closer to 6 months but I remember the slump very clearly. Luckily my DD backed off on her demand some as we started solids around the same time. So I guess the 'slump' happened for a reason in my case.  But it was still hard to see the output drop in what I could pump.

FWIW I had another major slump around 9 months. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I didn't know there was a 5 month slump, but it happened to me too.  I pump twice a day so DH can give DD a bottle before bed.  A few weeks ago, it was getting difficult to pump 7oz. out of two sessions.  Sometimes I would pump out an ounce in one 20 minute session. 

I drank water like crazy, and after about 2 weeks my supply went back to normal and I'm pumping 10-12oz. per day.

• Options
    imageolivia_eve:

I didn't know there was a 5 month slump, but it happened to me too.  I pump twice a day so DH can give DD a bottle before bed.  A few weeks ago, it was getting difficult to pump 7oz. out of two sessions.  Sometimes I would pump out an ounce in one 20 minute session. 

I drank water like crazy, and after about 2 weeks my supply went back to normal and I'm pumping 10-12oz. per day.

Good to hear!  Your DD is so darling- what a cute picture, she reminds me a little of my DD. 

• Options

Thanks- I always love your pics of Gus and Lucy!  They do look a little alike, don't they?  By the way, I love the name Lucy- if we have another DD, it's definitely on the list of possible names.

• Options
    My supply dipped around 5 months.  I still can only pump 5-6 oz total in my two pumping sessions at work.  I have majorly dipped into the freezer stash. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"