Austin Babies

Dublin, TX?

We have a Groupon for the Dublin Dr Pepper Tour. I want to go, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that we want to make a 4 hour round-trip for just the tour.

Anyone know if there is anything else to do there? Lunch spots? Or anything along the way?

TIA!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dublin, TX?

• LOL, I've driven through there a few times, and from what I remember it's a TINY town.  I don't think there's really much else there.  I've never taken the tour, but Dublin DP is GOOOD stuff.  But you can get it here, and not drive all the way to Dublin.  I don't know it would be worth the drive unless you were passing through.
  • I grew up fairly close to there.  We actually went on the Dr. Pepper tour for a field trip in elementary school.  IMO, it wouldn't be worth the trip.  I don't remember how long the tour was but for me, it would have to be something really good to make that drive.  If it were 45 min - an hour I'd say go for it, it might be a fun experience but two hours each way is a long time.  Maybe I'm just lazy though...

As for what there is to do, as far as I recall there isn't much of anything.  Maybe this is just my personal dislike for that general area since I grew up around there and didn't like it at the time - that's probably it.  There are probably some little antique shops around there and probably some little local diners.  

If you decide to go, let us know how it is.  (Sorry for being such a downer about it if it's something you're excited about.) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went one year for the Dublin festival 5K and it was super fun.  But then there was a street fair and the Miss Dublin Dr. Pepper pageant.  Nothing better than small town girls competing for beauty queen.  Wink

There seemed to be some fun shops around though. 

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageagran:

I went one year for the Dublin festival 5K and it was super fun.  But then there was a street fair and the Miss Dublin Dr. Pepper pageant.  Nothing better than small town girls competing for beauty queen.  Wink

There seemed to be some fun shops around though. 

Ditto. But now with kids and not during the festival I would think it might not be worth the trip.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • My family is from a town near there as well and no, there is nothing else up there. We go up there but we're visiting family. The only times we go up there to do other things are the rodeos. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageangelaggie:
    My family is from a town near there as well and no, there is nothing else up there. We go up there but we're visiting family. The only times we go up there to do other things are the rodeos. 

Have we talked about this?  Where are you from?  (I feel like maybe you told me once and I forgot...)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJess.O:

imageangelaggie:
    My family is from a town near there as well and no, there is nothing else up there. We go up there but we're visiting family. The only times we go up there to do other things are the rodeos. 

Have we talked about this?  Where are you from?  (I feel like maybe you told me once and I forgot...)

I was wondering that too! I wasn't born there but was up there all the time. My mom is from Comanche. Dad is from Sidney, but no one has ever heard of Sidney. I think the population there is 60 or something. It's near May. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"