Austin Babies

Anyone who's taken Met, come in please....

Sad  This is awful.  I spent all night with my teeth clenched trying not to puke.  It eased up at 6am, and Steven woke up at 7am. Sleep I even took Zofran at 1130pm and it did absolutely nothing.   Ick!

I only took one pill yesterday at lunch and I had a decent meal.  WTF?  I can't handle this.  This is only day 2 on it this time around.  I started it a few months ago, per Jaki's request, and I got through 10 days before quitting.  I was so close to puking all weekend, but I wasn't 100% sure it was the met, I thought it might have been a tummy bug.  Now I know it wasn't.

Is this typical?  All the nausea?  I can handle all the diarrhea, but I can't handle the all day/night nausea. I have so many anxiety issues with stomach stuff, this just doesn't seem worth it to me.  I want to do what my doctors are telling me, and I *so* desperately want to get pregnant again, but seriously?  I have to endure close to vomiting nausea up until I finally do get pregnant again, and then get to be pukey while I'm pregnant too?

Did you have nausea like this with Met? I'm so miserable.

ETA- I'm already taking the extended release tabs.

Re: Anyone who's taken Met, come in please....

• No experience, just wanted to say I'm so sorry! That is totally miserable!! I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This was me too.  I never was able to take all 3 pills, but I made myself take 2.  I had some emetrol (sp?) which is an over the counter anti-nausea medication and that helped a tiny bit, but it may have been the placebo affect.  I felt better if I ate mainly protein and almost no carbs.  (((hugs)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I take 2000mg/ day (extended release). When I started on them, what helped me was to take them before I went to sleep. No nausea.
  • imagekiarox2002:
    .  I felt better if I ate mainly protein and almost no carbs.  (((hugs)))

Can you help me out with this? I've never done a low-carb type diet, so I don't know what I'm up against. TIA.

• Yep, that's normal. You have to just suck it up and deal with it. Make sure you get a good meal when you take it, and you'll adjust eventually. I was on 500 mg/3x a day when I conceived both of my kiddos.

The good news is that once you adjust to it, even taking it years later is not so bad. I first took it in college when I was diagnosed with PCOS, and it was like having awful morning sickness. I've gone off of it for months or even years at a time since then, and when I go back on now, it's no big deal. 

• imagebrideonjuly8:

imagekiarox2002:

Can you help me out with this? I've never done a low-carb type diet, so I don't know what I'm up against. TIA.

It was hard because I'm largely vegetarian.  (I do eat fish.)  I tried to up my protein in the morning so maybe yogurt and granola, or cheese and apples.  Both of these have carbs, but they also have protein.  My general go to breakfast is a cereal bar so these were definitely better.  Eggs would have been great, but I couldn't stomach them first thing in the morning.

I would try switching to whole grain stuff and cut out the white carbs as much as possible.  (Whole grains generally have a lower glycemic index.)  So if you were having a sandwich and chips for lunch have it on whole grain bread and replace the chips with cottage cheese.  Replace rice with quinoa.  If you're having fajitas, skip the tortillas.  Or have 1 tortilla instead of 2 or 3.  

Another good rule of thumb is to never eat just carbs.  Always make sure you are having a protein at the same time.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekiarox2002:
    imagebrideonjuly8:

imagekiarox2002:

It was hard because I'm largely vegetarian.  (I do eat fish.)  I tried to up my protein in the morning so maybe yogurt and granola, or cheese and apples.  Both of these have carbs, but they also have protein.  My general go to breakfast is a cereal bar so these were definitely better.  Eggs would have been great, but I couldn't stomach them first thing in the morning.

I would try switching to whole grain stuff and cut out the white carbs as much as possible.  (Whole grains generally have a lower glycemic index.)  So if you were having a sandwich and chips for lunch have it on whole grain bread and replace the chips with cottage cheese.  Replace rice with quinoa.  If you're having fajitas, skip the tortillas.  Or have 1 tortilla instead of 2 or 3.  

Another good rule of thumb is to never eat just carbs.  Always make sure you are having a protein at the same time.   

Thanks  Smile

• I find that I don't have the gastro issues if I avoid anything with wheat flour (processed or whole grain) or simple sugars (ice cream, candy, juices, etc.) Brown rice, quinoa, and barley don't cause the same reaction.

If I try to eat carbs in veggie or whole fruit form, I don't have as many problems. Also I eat a lot of protein and try to keep down my fat intake. You'd think I'd be thinner, but alas, no. :)

• Also, cut your pill in half. My endo said it was better for me to start as low and slow as possible rather than not take it.  You can try taking half at breakfast after a bite of food and the other half around lunch time, also with food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"