Austin Babies

Would you stop visiting daycare?

Until she got moved to the 12-18m room, I visited DD every day at lunchtime.  

Now, she naps from 11:30-1:30 (or she's supposed to) and I can visit around 2 during afternoon snack.  She gets upset when I leave, though, and cries anywhere from 30 second to a couple of minutes after I leave.  I know this because I asked the director who told me to go look in the window one day last week, and, sure enough, although she was bawling when I walked out, she was playing nicely about a minute later.

Would you stop visiting?  I pick her up around 5:30, and I don't want to unnecessarily upset her, but I miss her terribly during the day.

WWBD? 

Re: Would you stop visiting daycare?

• yes, i probably would... Sad
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How long do your visits last? (I'm just trying to compare the 'yay mama is here' vs. 'crying time' that's happening to weigh if it's worth it.)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaugust8080:
    How long do your visits last? (I'm just trying to compare the 'yay mama is here' vs. 'crying time' that's happening to weigh if it's worth it.)

Anywhere from 15-30 minutes, usually. 

• I would probably stop. She probably thinks she's supposed to go home after nap time. My kids have been in daycare for years but when I visited them during the day (like to take cupcakes on their birthdays) they would get upset when I left. They just think that when mommy shows up it's time to go home. They don't know what the heck lunch time is.
  • I would still go see her. DH works from home and Kate sometimes gets upset when he goes back into the office after a break/lunch, but she loves seeing him more. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I would (and did) stop. Sorry, love.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Yes. I would stop.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, don't stop. If its every day she is so used to u coming then leaving. You are really lucky that she is so close to your work!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wouldn't stop. You've been doing it since day one so she's used to seeing you partway through the day and not going home with you. If you enjoy it, and she's enjoys it then a couple minutes sadness is no big deal. If it screwed her up for the rest of the day then I'd say otherwise. 
  • imagem_and_m:
    I wouldn't stop. You've been doing it since day one so she's used to seeing you partway through the day and not going home with you. If you enjoy it, and she's enjoys it then a couple minutes sadness is no big deal. If it screwed her up for the rest of the day then I'd say otherwise. 

This is what the director said, as well.  She said that sure, she gets upset, but it's literally for a minute or two, and she enjoys seeing me.  

UGH.  You guys!  You are supposed to all be in agreement! 

• imageMrs.Purdue:
    yes, i probably would... Sad

Yea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Mine is a drama queen and would probably bawl for a few minutes and then go back to playing as if nothing happened so I would not stop going if it made us both happy.
  • imagem_and_m:
    I wouldn't stop. You've been doing it since day one so she's used to seeing you partway through the day and not going home with you. If you enjoy it, and she's enjoys it then a couple minutes sadness is no big deal. If it screwed her up for the rest of the day then I'd say otherwise. 

I agree with this. How long has she been in the new room? Maybe she's just confused by you coming later and she feels like its' the end of the day. I feel like this is probably just a temporary thing, until she either gets used to the new time, or gets over the increased SA - whichever is causing this. I'm sure she LOVES to see you, and I know you love to see her. I'd stick it out and see how it goes.

• imageSaraLouiseBride08:

imagem_and_m:

I agree with this. How long has she been in the new room? Maybe she's just confused by you coming later and she feels like its' the end of the day. I feel like this is probably just a temporary thing, until she either gets used to the new time, or gets over the increased SA - whichever is causing this. I'm sure she LOVES to see you, and I know you love to see her. I'd stick it out and see how it goes.

Ok, so I went today at 2 which was right before snack.  We had THE BEST visit.  She ran up to me and kept touching my face and smiling at me.  She tried to nurse!  Then when she got almost nothing she walked to the fridge and pointed so I got her sippy out and held her while she drank.  By the time I left they were getting the chairs out for snack so she was distracted.  I said goodbye and told her I'd be back later.  No tears! 

• imageL L CG:
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:

imagem_and_m:

Ok, so I went today at 2 which was right before snack.  We had THE BEST visit.  She ran up to me and kept touching my face and smiling at me.  She tried to nurse!  Then when she got almost nothing she walked to the fridge and pointed so I got her sippy out and held her while she drank.  By the time I left they were getting the chairs out for snack so she was distracted.  I said goodbye and told her I'd be back later.  No tears! 

Yay!! Yes 

• imagem_and_m:
    imageL L CG:
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:

imagem_and_m:

Yay!! Yes 

Awesome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"