Austin Babies

speaking of peni....*clicky poll!*

I fell into an odd conversation with a close friend of mine the other night.  We had both had a few glasses of wine, so I'm not sure how we got there, but it started something like this....

BFF- "....I even asked his pedi if his penis was too tiny..."

Me- "Wait, whaaaa?"

BFF- "Yeah, I totally asked her.  I mean, it's TINY.  I've worked in childcare for years, so I know kinda what's average."

Me- "OMG you actually asked her if your sons penis was too small??"

BFF-" Hell yeah!  No one wants a puny pecker! (monstrous laughter on my end) But she said he'll grow into it and it doesn't really matter what size it is when they're young"

Indifferent

And I have to say, when I saw her in the hospital and helped her change his diaper, I was shocked at how small it was.  I was shocked they could even circumcise it!  Think, the end of pencil eraser, if that.  Indifferent

So anyway, do you worry about the size of your sons penis?

[Poll]

Re: speaking of peni....*clicky poll!*

• OMG, that's a funny convo! I voted no, but it's mostly because I think DS's looks like it's a "normal" size.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a neighbor who I was meeting for the FIRST time at a little holiday party when I was pregnant with DS. I told her we were having a boy and she had a son, a junior in HS, who was in the room but out of earshot. He was on the autism spectrum and when I got done with her, I realized that her social skills were clearly lacking, as well.

She started telling me how he'd had a VERRRRY large penis as a young child and oh, btw, it had stayed that way and he was still very well endowed! And then proceeded to talk about how happy he was going to make some girl one day! I mean she went on, and on, and ON about the size of his d!ck! It was so incredibly disgusting!! He's 17!! He's right here!! I don't want to know this information!! I was sending my husband maaajor subliminal messages to come rescue me. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I dunno what a penis is, but I recently learned that baby boys have wood all the time. I NEVER KNEW THAT! And now I am very afraid of having a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaugust8080:

OMG, that's a funny convo! I voted no, but it's mostly because I think DS's looks like it's a "normal" size.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a neighbor who I was meeting for the FIRST time at a little holiday party when I was pregnant with DS. I told her we were having a boy and she had a son, a junior in HS, who was in the room but out of earshot. He was on the autism spectrum and when I got done with her, I realized that her social skills were clearly lacking, as well.

She started telling me how he'd had a VERRRRY large penis as a young child and oh, btw, it had stayed that way and he was still very well endowed! And then proceeded to talk about how happy he was going to make some girl one day! I mean she went on, and on, and ON about the size of his d!ck! It was so incredibly disgusting!! He's 17!! He's right here!! I don't want to know this information!! I was sending my husband maaajor subliminal messages to come rescue me. 

OMG.  OMG.

I have some really trashy relatives that couldn't stop talking about "how proud" they were of their first born (IN the hospital!) and how much he "takes after his daddy!! :wink:"  Ew.  I can't stand it when people talk about their sons that way.  YUCK.

• imageL L CG:
    I dunno what a penis is, but I recently learned that baby boys have wood all the time. I NEVER KNEW THAT! And now I am very afraid of having a boy.
    Yup, and they tell you about it.

"Look mommy, my wee-wee got big."

Me: "Well stop playing with it, leave it alone."

Him: "But I like playing with my wee-wee." 

• imageNessia:

imageL L CG:
    I dunno what a penis is, but I recently learned that baby boys have wood all the time. I NEVER KNEW THAT! And now I am very afraid of having a boy.
    Yup, and they tell you about it.

"Look mommy, my wee-wee got big."

Me: "Well stop playing with it, leave it alone."

Him: "But I like playing with my wee-wee." 

Yup - and they run in the room, wave it around and yell "WIENER ATTACK" while laughing and dancing.  Boys Confused

• imageL L CG:

erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection erection 

I don't know why that freaks out all the girl mamas, but I like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, now I am hiding under my desk.

But, I was really talking about babies.  Like, crawling and before, babies.  BABIES.  WITH WOOD.  IT'S UNAMERICAN!

Or, maybe it's uber-American, and I just never knew.  It's just so... out there.  I don't think DD knows she even has a vagina. 

• My baby boy has never had an erection. I think. If he has, it certainly didn't look like what I expect an erect penis to look like.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • imagerssnlvr:
    My baby boy has never had an erection. I think. If he has, it certainly didn't look like what I expect an erect penis to look like.

I recently spoke with two sets of parents who said their sons pitch tents on the regular.  Both sons are younger than a year old. 

• My friend was getting a ultrasound while pregnant with her son, and the tech blithely told her that boy babies get boners in utero all the time. ::shudders::
  • imageL L CG:

I voted "dunno," too.  And WHAT?  Maybe I should start praying that this one is a girl...

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebluestreet:
    My friend was getting a ultrasound while pregnant with her son, and the tech blithely told her that boy babies get boners in utero all the time. ::shudders::

Many are born with erections too.  Totally normal.

• imagebluestreet:
    My friend was getting a ultrasound while pregnant with her son, and the tech blithely told her that boy babies get boners in utero all the time. ::shudders::

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

I am very tempted to do some creative googling when I get home. 

• imageL L CG:

imagebluestreet:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Umm, I'm curious how you would enter those search terms without looking like a perv if the cops ever search your history.
  • imageNessia:
    imageL L CG:

imagebluestreet:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Umm, I'm curious how you would enter those search terms without looking like a perv if the cops ever search your history.

LOL.  And yeah, Steven has a "BIG WIENER!" all the time.  When it's not big, it's a "baby wiener"  LOLZ.

• imageNessia:
    imageL L CG:

imagebluestreet:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Well, I was going to do it from babymillie's house.  

• the one time we bought a pack of diapers without the wet indicator, i had to just press the crotch of the diaper to guess if it was wet. so many times, DS just had a woody and i thought the diaper was spongy. yeah, baby 'rections are bizarre.
  • imageL L CG:
    imageNessia:
    imageL L CG:

imagebluestreet:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Well, I was going to do it from babymillie's house.  

She probably has the search bookmarked so it should be easy to find the info you're looking for.   Wink

• :::wondering if I should worry that my baby has never had an erection:::
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • imagerssnlvr:
    :::wondering if I should worry that my baby has never had an erection:::

Don't.  It was MUCH more frequent once he "found it" and wouldn't leave it alone, like in the bath tub. I would say around a year.  

ETA- that's when they start reaching for it the split second you open their diaper, even when they have shiit allll over it.  Fun times!!!1

• imagerssnlvr:
    :::wondering if I should worry that my baby has never had an erection:::

I bet he has, and you just haven't realized what you were seeing.  Who knows how long it took me to finally figure out that's what was going on.

• Hilarious that "what's a penis" is in 2nd place.  :)
  • Mine's seems to just stay up. I think?  It's a little wee wee I don't know how it would be flaccid per say......
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Baby boys frequenty get an erection when we have to do a catheter urine sample. One time a dad goes "Aww, do you think the nurse is cute?"

Indifferent

Awkward.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Just throwing it out there, that not every boy is crazy for penis games. Mine has played with it a few times, but was all ok, so that's what it does and leaves it alone.

Maybe it's b/c we didn't make a big deal out of it (not saying the other gals did). We just said, "if you want to play with your twig, you should go to your room".

So if you have a boy, there is hope :)

• imageTaytee:

Baby boys frequenty get an erection when we have to do a catheter urine sample. One time a dad goes "Aww, do you think the nurse is cute?"

Indifferent

Awkward.

Oh Lord, I freaking love your ER stories.  

• You forgot to add the option of "No, my son has a giant wang." Wink

Alex is intact, and my husband is not and has not been around any intact male penises, so he was initially kind of freaked out by foreskin. I hadn't really been around any baby male penises, so I was all "whatevs" about it. Mike did ask me once how our son compared to his other baby male friends, and he seemed genuinely surprised that my other mom friends and I don't sit around at playdates comparing baby wang. Hmm 

True story: As most of you know, Alex was 11+ pounds at birth. My father was there for the birth but in another part of the house, and as soon as he had a chance to see his grandson, he called all of his friends and relatives to share the good news. He told every. single. one. "Yeah, he was 11 and a half pounds, but five of that penis." When talking to his friends, he would then usually add, "He takes after me." Indifferent

• imagemcgee:

You forgot to add the option of "No, my son has a giant wang." Wink

Alex is intact, and my husband is not and has not been around any intact male penises, so he was initially kind of freaked out by foreskin. I hadn't really been around any baby male penises, so I was all "whatevs" about it. Mike did ask me once how our son compared to his other baby male friends, and he seemed genuinely surprised that my other mom friends and I don't sit around at playdates comparing baby wang. Hmm 

True story: As most of you know, Alex was 11+ pounds at birth. My father was there for the birth but in another part of the house, and as soon as he had a chance to see his grandson, he called all of his friends and relatives to share the good news. He told every. single. one. "Yeah, he was 11 and a half pounds, but five of that penis." When talking to his friends, he would then usually add, "He takes after me." Indifferent

Boys and their penis. Their fascination with it never ends. 
  • imageTaytee:

Baby boys frequenty get an erection when we have to do a catheter urine sample. One time a dad goes "Aww, do you think the nurse is cute?"

Indifferent

Awkward.

Indifferent is right!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My nephew plays with his wang everytime he goes potty. It disturbs me. I can only imagine what they think at preschool.

PS - he has sported wood since a very young age. You tell him to quit, he plays with it more. boys.

DX PCOS 2006 - Off BCPs since 1/09 - TTC #1 4 cycles clomid (50, 100, 150, 200) - FAIL, no O Multiple cycles clomid + femara - FAIL, no O 3 injectable cycles - FAIL Ovarian Drilling 6/2010. Several failed cycles follow. 11/2010 - "Hold" on IF treatment.
    10/24/2011 - Surprise BFP; EDD 6/21/12! BOY!

Sweet baby boy born 6/14 9lb 2oz via csection.
  • imageL L CG:

No they don't.  You've been lied to.  They do get morning wood sometimes.  And they like to yanky their wankies often, but they don't have wood like constantly.  

I worry about one of mine b/c he was a big fatty as a baby and his fatty pad (above the penis, the fupa if you will) got fatter (heh) and it kinda made him have an inconspicuous penis. 

Look it up.

• My first never had erections when he was little but DS #2 has them all the time and also pees almost every diaper change whereas my first peed maybe 3 times ever. So...I think every boy is different.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"