TTC After a Loss

An alternative to preseed!

So for those that like a little help down there but don't want to harm your man's army from doing their job, I found an alternative to preseed that is not only cheaper but it's all natural, so it's nice for those with sensitive skin issues. 

Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Pure, unscented Cocoa Butter

Mix equal parts together and store in a jar with a lid -- I use a mason jar.  It's a great natural lubricant (don't use with a condom or anything like that thought for those TTA), but I also use it as an all over lotion and a massage oil.  It's GREAT for dry skin!

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

Re: An alternative to preseed!

• how do you know that this is chemically safe for TTC?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well it's all natural ingredients -- two are edible and I use in cooking every day.  And a friend of mine made some and gave me some -- she uses it herself and has had three children and she's a heck of a lot more knowledgable about conception and fertility than I am.  I would trust natural ingredients a lot more than chemical ones! 

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Loading the player...
  • MidwestIrishBride, is that you???
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • So...still, how do you know it's safe for TTC? Just because something is natural doesn't mean you should sticking it up your vag. Your friend could have gotten pg, simply because she's fertile.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Yea, I think I'll stick with the preseed.
    imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ive heard of people using olive oil... but ive never heard of using all 3 together.
  • I use Pam, the one that is certified Organic with Olive oil. I don't like to get my hands messy.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• imageLaTi07:
    So...still, how do you know it's safe for TTC? Just because something is natural doesn't mean you should sticking it up your vag. Your friend could have gotten pg, simply because she's fertile.

This is what I was thinking. Sounds like a yeast infection waiting to happen!!

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Umm.  No thank you.  I would rather stay away from a yeast infection right now. 

• imageLaTi07:

I use Pam, the one that is certified Organic with Olive oil. I don't like to get my hands messy.

I kind of love you. A lot.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageLaTi07:
    So...still, how do you know it's safe for TTC? Just because something is natural doesn't mean you should sticking it up your vag. Your friend could have gotten pg, simply because she's fertile.

This.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJellybean902:
    Well it's all natural ingredients -- two are edible and I use in cooking every day.  And a friend of mine made some and gave me some -- she uses it herself and has had three children and she's a heck of a lot more knowledgable about conception and fertility than I am.  I would trust natural ingredients a lot more than chemical ones! 

This is beyond ridiculous.  All of it.

I use fresh garlic in cooking every day, you don't see me telling women to stick it in their hoo-has.

Good grief.

• imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:
    So for those that like a little help down there but don't want to harm your man's army from doing their job, I found an alternative to preseed that is not only cheaper but it's all natural, so it's nice for those with sensitive skin issues. 

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Mix equal parts together and store in a jar with a lid -- I use a mason jar.  It's a great natural lubricant (don't use with a condom or anything like that thought for those TTA), but I also use it as an all over lotion and a massage oil.  It's GREAT for dry skin!

You're kind of special. Aren't you?

Wow, don't you think that was kind of uncalled for?

I love my rainbow baby!

• imageLaTi07:

I use Pam, the one that is certified Organic with Olive oil. I don't like to get my hands messy.

Yes

I bet the aerosol helps propel those little guys up the tunnel too!

BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
  • Do you then clean it up with a sham-wow?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pot is natural. That doesn't mean I am going to use to ttc.... 
  • imagekatharine25:
    MidwestIrishBride, is that you???

Yes 

• imageRizzaTs:

imageJellybean902:
    Well it's all natural ingredients -- two are edible and I use in cooking every day.  And a friend of mine made some and gave me some -- she uses it herself and has had three children and she's a heck of a lot more knowledgable about conception and fertility than I am.  I would trust natural ingredients a lot more than chemical ones! 

This is beyond ridiculous.  All of it.

I use fresh garlic in cooking every day, you don't see me telling women to stick it in their hoo-has.

Good grief.

Oh man. Between you an LaTi, I have tears rolling down my cheeks.  It is PRETTY obvious I am not doing any actual work right now.  LOL

Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • imageAngnShaun:
    ive heard of people using olive oil... but ive never heard of using all 3 together.

Yeah, I had too.  And my husband had heard of people using coconut oil.  I think he found it on a men's sexual health website lol.  We've been using it for months and we like it a lot and I haven't experienced any issues with it and I have really sensitive skin and he has psoriasis, so we have to be super careful about what we use.  He can't have scented aaaaaanything or else he gets really irritated, so that's why we use it for lotion too.

I love my rainbow baby!

• As a scientist fam member used to say all the time "arsenic is natural" (I've never fact checked that). Lol, I dont think EVOO would be harmful, but I am not sticking anything up there that is not proven safe, especially when going through all this trouble trying to get a spermie to meet an egg.
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • yeah there are a lot of things that are all natural that I would never put near my girlie bits.. are you one of those girls that used a cucumber as a sex toy in highschool.. no really a girl did that at my highschool..

also just because she has 3 kids doesn't mean that this stuff worked.. as was said.. maybe she is just fertile.. hell my co-worker KU'd his wife twice on birth control. there are super fertile people out there.

• imageVikingQueen:

yeah there are a lot of things that are all natural that I would never put near my girlie bits.. are you one of those girls that used a cucumber as a sex toy in highschool.. no really a girl did that at my highschool..

also just because she has 3 kids doesn't mean that this stuff worked.. as was said.. maybe she is just fertile.. hell my co-worker KU'd his wife twice on birth control. there are super fertile people out there.

Ew, you just reminded me at my school there was a girl famous for hot dogs!  Memories....

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • imagePetraStonegirl:

Actually, no. Not at all.

You won't find an OB or RE worth their license to practice advocating that combo. Yet you do, based on the fact that 'two are edible'. To a bunch of internet strangers, most of whom are the freaking authority on fertility issues compared to your vast experience. That makes you some kind of special. 

Couldn't agree more

• This is a really bad idea. The pH balance of your cooch shouldn't be disturbed.

• imagemrsgaines100:
    As a scientist fam member used to say all the time "arsenic is natural" (I've never fact checked that). Lol, I dont think EVOO would be harmful, but I am not sticking anything up there that is not proven safe, especially when going through all this trouble trying to get a spermie to meet an egg.

And apple seeds contain cyanide... 

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshmeell25:
    imagemrsgaines100:
    imageVikingQueen:

yeah there are a lot of things that are all natural that I would never put near my girlie bits.. are you one of those girls that used a cucumber as a sex toy in highschool.. no really a girl did that at my highschool..

Ew, you just reminded me at my school there was a girl famous for hot dogs!  Memories....

**Siggy**

We had a girl who was forever known as "purple marker" because she shoved one up her hoo-ha then bragged about it in 10th grade. She ended up working at my OB/GYN office. Oh, the irony!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.....this literally made me laugh out loud!  Not doing much work either......

• imageVikingQueen:

imagePetraStonegirl:

You won't find an OB or RE worth their license to practice advocating that combo. Yet you do, based on the fact that 'two are edible'. To a bunch of internet strangers, most of whom are the freaking authority on fertility issues compared to your vast experience. That makes you some kind of special. 

Couldn't agree more

I agree....I also agree with PP and think that you are not who you say you are. Someone that says the ridiculous things that you say cannot be for real.  I say troll.  

OH! and this is my 500th post- What, what!  

• I knew that joining TTCAL was going to be great for giving/getting support.

I had no freaking idea it would be this entertaining, though. Thank you for making another lackluster afternoon at the office go by quickly!

ETA: I think we'll stick with preseed for now, though! Stick out tongue

Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Can you prove to me that it is NOT safe for TTC?  If so, I would like to know about that because it's one of the only things my partner and I have used that doesn't irritate both of our skin issues.  While none have been written by a doctor, I've seen many things about using coconut oil and olive oil -- as you can see, other posters have as well, so if you can give me evidence to show that it is harmful for TTC then that would be most helpful.  Thank you.

I love my rainbow baby!

• imageshmeell25:
    imagemrsgaines100:
    imageVikingQueen:

**Siggy**

We had a girl who was forever known as "purple marker" because she shoved one up her hoo-ha then bragged about it in 10th grade. She ended up working at my OB/GYN office. Oh, the irony!

OMG!! lol yeah this girl bragged about the cucumber and then cried whenever someone mentioned it

• imageSoCoGirl:
    imageVikingQueen:

imagePetraStonegirl:

Couldn't agree more

I agree....I also agree with PP and think that you are not who you say you are. Someone that says the ridiculous things that you say cannot be for real.  I say troll.  

OH! and this is my 500th post- What, what!  

Congrats!  I canNOT see or hear the words "what what! " without finishing with "IN THE BUTT!"  I am four, I know.  But Butters on South Park is just so cute!! 

• imagekatharine25:
    MidwestIrishBride, is that you???

Siggy warning

Thank you!!! I've been thinking this too!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Can you prove to me that it is NOT safe for TTC?  If so, I would like to know about that because it's one of the only things my partner and I have used that doesn't irritate both of our skin issues.  While none have been written by a doctor, I've seen many things about using coconut oil and olive oil -- as you can see, other posters have as well, so if you can give me evidence to show that it is harmful for TTC then that would be most helpful.  Thank you.

Do you have any proof that is IS safe??? As a member of this sh!tty club, you should know that we don't need another reason that "could" cause us to lose another child. Anything outside of this is irresponsible.  

• imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Can you prove that it IS safe for TTC???

• imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

MidwestIrishBride, that IS You!!!! 

BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
  • imageMissMheMhe:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Have you asked your dr? And if so, does your dr prefer natural or medical methods??

He's a regular OB/GYN that's part of the main hospital in our city and I told him about it and he said it shouldn't be a problem and he didn't know of anything that would suggest it would HURT us TTC or give me any issues.  And like I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's been nice for especially my partner because of his skin problems. (Psoriasis and general sensitivity and I break out easily too.)

I love my rainbow baby!

• imageMissMheMhe:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Have you asked your dr? And if so, does your dr prefer natural or medical methods??

Uhh...THIS. I'm not sticking anything in my vag until my doctor gives me the green light. Which I doubt she would for this. And as Grace mentioned, you REALLY don't want to upset the delicate Ph balance in there. So I wouldn't chance it. 

• I just want to add that if you stick fresh garlic in your lady bits during a yeast infection, after 2-3 days it goes away. I had a bad one during my pregnancy and that's what my MW recommended. It worked like a charm. Lol. 

• imageJellybean902:

He's a regular OB/GYN that's part of the main hospital in our city and I told him about it and he said it shouldn't be a problem and he didn't know of anything that would suggest it would HURT us TTC or give me any issues.  And like I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's been nice for especially my partner because of his skin problems. (Psoriasis and general sensitivity and I break out easily too.)

Question?? why do you always refer to your husband as your partner? thats just a little strange to me...

• imageVikingQueen:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    imageJellybean902:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

imageJellybean902:

Olive Oil
    Coconut Oil

Can you prove that it IS safe for TTC???

JellyBean, I think we can all agree that you keep using your home made concoction, since that seems to be working for you, and we'll all carry on with our proven-safe Preseed. 

Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"