May 2012 Moms

chocolate before ultrasound? :-)

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, and my friend told me to have some chocolate beforehand to see an active baby.  I thought it was funny (and wouldn't mind having some chocolate anyway), but has anyone else heard of doing something like this?  I feel like I may have heard something about having a little snack for the same reason and wonder if chocolate is overkill...

Maybe I'll have a little chocolate now and see how baby reacts. :-)

I'll report back if anything interesting happens. 

Re: chocolate before ultrasound? :-)

• I had half a glass of coke this morning at 8am, before a/s and baby was jumping all over the place! Gl tomorrow!
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drank a Mt Dew before and she just slept and cuddled up the whole time.  The tech said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  It just depends on how the baby is feeling.  I rarely have pop so it was a treat today after drinking tons of water.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Loading the player...
  • I did not get a chance to eat or drink anything besides water before my a/s and my little peanut was ALL OVER THE PLACE. I think if your baby is going to be awake, it just will be no matter what you eat or drink. I'd say a little chocolate can't hurt anything though. Stick out tongue Good luck tomorrow!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chocolate has sugar and caffeine in it, so I can see how it would work. Let us know if it's successful-- even if it doesn't, you get to eat chocolate, so it's kind of a win-win situation.
  • I usually drink a glass of OJ or pop before my ultrasounds but for my A/S I didn't because they have to check out things and it helps them if he is not wiggling all over the place lol
    BabyName Ticker
  • I worked for an OB and we always told our patients to drink OJ about 30 minutes prior to the scan, and for the most part, it always worked. I just did it myself last week for my A/S scan and our little girl was all over the place!! :)
  • imagemeganmgmiller:
    Chocolate has sugar and caffeine in it, so I can see how it would work. Let us know if it's successful-- even if it doesn't, you get to eat chocolate, so it's kind of a win-win situation.

Thanks, ladies!  I was also thinking it was win-win (and a good excuse to eat chocolate). :-) 

(For tonight, I had some chocolate and can't tell if my little one is dancing around yet-- but I'll report back tomorrow as to whether it worked for the ultrasound.)

• imageEyesOfHaVeN:
    I worked for an OB and we always told our patients to drink OJ about 30 minutes prior to the scan, and for the most part, it always worked. I just did it myself last week for my A/S scan and our little girl was all over the place!! :)

Ooh, fun-- I'll throw some OJ into the mix, too.  Thanks for the suggestion. :-) 

• I've tried the OJ trick with all 3 of my babies and it didn't really work for any of them. DD1 slept through the whole thing, I had to go back the next week because they couldn't even get her awake enough to roll off her back to see her spine. DD2 was awake but pretty chill and DD3 was sleeping at first and she woke up mid-way through but was still pretty chill.
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • I had 3 cookies before my a/s (it was 2 days before Christmas), and our baby was crazy, bouncing all around. All the movement actually made it hard for my OB to get all the measurements/pictures she needed to! So maybe some chocolate, but not a ton!
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagegervaisj6:
    I had half a glass of coke this morning at 8am, before a/s and baby was jumping all over the place! Gl tomorrow!

I did this yesterday...LOL....worked like a charm and we got to see so much!!

Mother to a beautiful boy born Nov 18, 2009. Feb 2011 m/c Blighted Ovum at 5 wks 4 days July 2011 m/c at 5 weeks 3 days Sep 13 2011 BFP BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a mini sweet-tart candy roll, cranberry juice, and a couple clementines before my A/S yesterday and LO was trying to walk with his/her booty in the air :) We also saw LO open his/her mouth and got great pictures to boot! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"