1st Trimester
Options

BFP after BD 3-4 days before O?

This month I thought I was out. I didn't O the day that I thought according to OPKs and I ended up getting so busy with work and christmas i stopped taking them. Then on the 29th of December, I had a random urge to dig out an OPK and lo and behold, I got a positive OPK. I usually get two positives in a row, so I either ovulated on the 28th, 29th, or 30th, and the last time we BD'd before O day was 1am on the 26th. So roughly 2-4 days before O.

My question is, are there any ladies on here that have had luck with the soonest BD being that far out from their O day? I swear, this TWW is killing me this month!!

Re: BFP after BD 3-4 days before O?

• Options
    many ppl get a BFP 304 days before.  Sperm can live for 7 days usually 5 days. 
    lolololo
  • Options
    It can totally happen! Good luck!
    Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't have the greatest timing. We BD on the 16th and 18th and O the 20th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We had sex 3 days before O and in the PM on O day, I thought that by the time you O that you only have like a 5% chance of getting preg, that may be off though.. So I am thinking I got pregnant from the sex we had 3 days before. I thought we had bad timing this month and there was no way I would see a BFP.. FX to you, hope you get yours!

BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The cycle my ds was conceived I thought I was out too. It was about 7 or 8 days before I Oed according to FF. Lo and behold 9 months later there he was!
  • Options
    2 days before is pretty good chance.  and the sperms that were 4 days seriosly would be great timing- I think you have a huge chance.  stop stressing
    lolololo
  • Options
    That's how DD was conceived. I O'd later than normal, and was actually out of town, so our BD-ing from 4 days earlier did the trick! GL!!
    natural m/c 6-1-09 @9 weeks, Lucy born 5-11-10, m/c (D&C)1-24-12 @10 weeks Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had sex four days before O and conceived.  
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options

I was actually going to start charting in January, so in December I downloaded an app to help me keep up with my dates. I wasn't taking my BBT or anything but I started my last period on Dec 1, DH and I had sex on Dec 8th and I got a positive pregnancy test on the 27th (in the middle of the day)! I could not believe it. Like I said, I have no idea when I actually ovulated but I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant that soon after having my period.

I swear I have always heard that sperm can only live for 3 days, obviously that cannot be true. I am very curious to find out my actual due date based on the size and development of the baby. 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"